Author Topic: Starter ran on and on  (Read 8645 times)

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: Starter ran on and on
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 04:44:02 PM »
when I start moving gradually it hits a violent shudder at about 10 mph.  If I accelerate with force it doesn't happen
Try scuffing up the clutch contact surfaces.  Also verify that the clutch bell or torque driver is not warped.

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 07:59:56 PM »
Knocking on wood here.  I put grease (dyslectic or some such) on all connections I could undo from the battery to the starter and back and it hasn't happened since.  I don't feel comfortable declaring it a fixed problem, so will keep an eye on it (be ready to rip into the battery area and disconnect the neg).

:)>>

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 08:55:58 PM »
still no problems - knock on wood.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 01:53:05 AM »
That's wha I would suspect is the Ground terminal. Find the point where it attaches to the engine, and the second point where it attaches to the frame.

The starter relay uses the ground circuit for the brake light so if the frame/engine grounds are bad it will use the light bulbs resistance as ground, and over heat the contacts in the relay making the arc shut.

Jus a maybe but I ould double check these points. Loosen them p, and clean the contact area to be sure.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2014, 07:01:24 PM »
Still no problems!!  I can live with that.  Knocking wood.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()