Author Topic: Venox stalling/acting weird  (Read 4028 times)

majere111

• View Profile
Venox stalling/acting weird
« on: August 30, 2012, 10:26:56 PM »
Have 2009 kymco venox with only 2500km on it. Was running fine until a couple weeks ago. Now it wants to stall at idle or while riding, switching gears, turning, ect. Lights stay on and everything and sometimes it will start right back up after a couple minutes or sometimes it will take longer. I get a stut, stut, stut when it starts to lose power and when i turn the throttle. sometimes it will instead of stuttering and dieing it will catch itself and drive normally. Other times instead of stalling the engine will power way down and not respond to anything but keep running then all of a sudden I have power again and it goes back to riding smoothly. The odd thing to me is that it never does any of this if i am doing 50 or over on the highway or when the fuel tank is more than 1/2 full. No issues what so ever when im cruising a long the freeway. Only thing i have done to it was check the ground wires and make sure the fuel lines weren't clogged.

Paperkrain

• View Profile
Re: Venox stalling/acting weird
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 12:51:11 AM »
Hi,

Hope this helps

I'm guessing you need to fix your idle screw. But I'm no mechanic. These are the steps you can try and perform if you know how, other wise you should bring it in to a mechanic and let them know what your problem is.

Paperkrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 12:53:49 AM »
And this

Let us know how you go :)

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 07:27:34 PM »
You might have a vacuume lock in the gas tank or the throttle sensing unit on the carb is not connected tight.
I would think it will be the 1st, to do a diagnosis try opening the tank cap as soon as this symptoms happen and then try riding again. There have been reports about some models have a venting problem, either the wrong gas cap or the vent portal on the gas tank is blocked off by accident during assembling.

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
  • Look me up on facebook !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 09:58:37 PM »
nearly the same exact issue with hubby venox.
The spring in the gas cap was the issue.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up , totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!!"

TokiHacker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 12:34:08 PM »
Same issue. Mine was the kickstand sensor. I just rerouted around it

spuder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 10:19:44 PM »
Venox 250 has 3 wires for the kickstand instead of the normal 2.
Connect a wire between the left(gnd) and right(12v) pins to close the circuit.
This will 'trick' the bike into thinking the kickstand is always up. Solved the 'stalling / wont start'   issues for me.

[  front  ]
Left   Center   Right
 |           |          |
 |           |          |
GND      5V       12V

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 10:34:12 PM by spuder »

baywatch242000

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 02:45:16 AM »
I'm having trouble with my 2005. I purchased it as a Christmas gift to myself over the winter, got my endorsement this spring, and went to start it up and have had nothing but grief.

It makes me really sad and worried to read your bike only having 2500km on it and you're already having trouble. From all the reviews I've read, the Venox is supposed to be a GREAT bike, but the number of people having problems with low-mileaged bikes is making me heartsick - like I feel like I bought a lemon of a first bike.

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 08:34:43 AM »
i can understand how you feel buddy.
the venox has the highest horse power in its class, and it is very sensitive.
most problems are due to air and fuel ratio on new bikes with low mileage, the older ones depending on how they are kept have some electrical problems.
Post your problems on the site and we try to help you out. you never know maybe its a easy replace and adjust.
As i said it is very sensitive so unless you know what you are doing and can out it back properly dont move unless you are sure.
Another thing is with shops that deal with scooter repairs will most likely do a hack job because time is money and they will not spend much time getting to know the basics of the bike.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()