Author Topic: Great little pony!  (Read 46153 times)

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
Re: Great little pony!
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2013, 08:31:58 PM »
Well I like getting good gas mileage so wouldn't go much above 650cc's. Kawasaki just came
out with a 300 that looks good and Honda has some new 500's and the NX700 which is supposed
to do well on fuel mileage. I say go for it! Someone has to keep the economy going (that used to
be me!).
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2013, 10:14:02 AM »
Hey there Moto. Well, cards on the table  mate... this is what I've been looking at ...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:07:43 AM by Hairy Bob »
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2013, 10:45:10 AM »
But, then again ... look what I just bought for the pony. And it's even the same gear as the rack bag my girl bought me 

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2013, 12:03:26 PM »
I know it's tough. I once had 6 bikes in my stable. I sold them all to get married then had to
have at least one. So I got a BMW F650GS. Then lost my job so went to a Yager 200i. But a
few have snuck into the garage (BMW K75 and 2 1960's Honda Cubs ((but they hardly count!))).

Once it gets in your blood you're hooked! I come by it honestly as my Grandma rode back in the
30's and our family has been on 2 wheels ever since!

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2013, 10:41:52 AM »
That's exactly it Moto ... I just need a bigger bloody shed, hey !
Cheers mate,
Regards, The Bobster  8)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:57:09 AM by Hairy Bob »

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2013, 09:52:01 PM »
Well ... I don't know if this was a message from the Boss upstairs or not, but cop this gang. I was supposed to take a certain new 650 for a test ride last Wednesday. It was all booked, and I'd even taken the day off work especially for it. But come Wednesday morning, those big black clouds rolled up, and it absolutely pissed down, and I mean pissed down all bloody day, no bullsh**. So I spent the day setting up the anchor points on the pony for the new saddlebags I'd just bought.  And you know what ... it all looks and works a bloody beauty. So if that ain't some sort of message, I don't know what is. So, just to be on the safe side, I'm keeping the little pony. I don't want to be causing no hellfire and brimstone now do I. Not that I really wanted to get rid of her anyway, she's a damn good little bike and does me just fine. The only way I would get another bike is if I got a bigger shed, and could keep both. ( You're a bloody genius Moto  ;) )
Anyway, it's shaping up in to a top day here, so I'm off for a nice little ride on the pony right now. Hope it's the same for you guys.
Ride safe,
Best regards,
The Bobster.  8)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2013, 01:42:48 AM »
Keep the pony....

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2013, 11:14:36 AM »
Well I like getting good gas mileage so wouldn't go much above 650cc's. Kawasaki just came
out with a 300 that looks good and Honda has some new 500's and the NX700 which is supposed
to do well on fuel mileage. I say go for it! Someone has to keep the economy going (that used to
be me!).
what kawa 300 and honda 500? show show.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2013, 12:25:02 PM »
Don't you worry yerself Vivo, the pony stays ol mate. Infact, I'm going to forget about other bikes for a long time. That little pony gallops along strong as a brumby, no worries at all. Had another exellent little ride this morning in fact, down the coast for a while, then loop back up through them thare hills. Bloody beautifull !!  As old uncle Lez'd say .. " you wouldn't be dead for bloody quids, would ya "
Hey, do you want a GOODTIME sticker for your scoot Vivo ?  Email me your postal address if you do mate, and I'll send you one.
Regards,
Hairy Bob.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:28:03 AM by Hairy Bob »

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2013, 09:37:44 PM »
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 09:39:25 PM by MotoRandy123 »

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2013, 10:28:27 AM »
Oh i thought there was new 300 or 500 choppers.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2013, 11:25:28 AM »
Nope,  no offence guys, but I'm not even gonna look. I'm sticking with the pony ... I had a message !!!

8)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 11:28:08 AM by Hairy Bob »

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2013, 10:46:09 AM »
true that Bob and everyone, the more i ride it the more its pulling you in. got the windscreen fitted, channels slightly more wind to the head but i wear a full helm so it does not bother too much, but the chest surface is feeling very nice not a lot of wind but still enough to cool me down.
Pulling through gears better as well at high speed. it was a good add on after all. will get photos today and post them for ya guys.

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2013, 09:46:40 PM »
true that Bob and everyone, the more i ride it the more its pulling you in. got the windscreen fitted, channels slightly more wind to the head but i wear a full helm so it does not bother too much, but the chest surface is feeling very nice not a lot of wind but still enough to cool me down.
Pulling through gears better as well at high speed. it was a good add on after all. will get photos today and post them for ya guys.

very cool! cant wait to receive mine in the mail!

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2013, 10:00:33 PM »
hi there guys got the photos on my phone but too big to upload, 192KB is too tight. my photos are half a mb each. tried BMP, TIFF... nothing will get smaller. is there admin to upgrade my upload capacity.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()