Author Topic: 2004 Kymco Mongoose 90 Sport  (Read 964 times)

scj483

• View Profile
2004 Kymco Mongoose 90 Sport
« on: March 27, 2016, 11:18:34 PM »
Need some help, or ideas, have a 2004 Kymco Mongoose 90 Sport, hears the deal, when I got it it would start and idle all day but when you gave it gas it would die, so I replaced just about everything, like carb, stator, rectifier, tried CDI but got wrong one but old one still works, and I still have same issue starts fine but does backfire thru carb sometimes when starting then when it does start it will idle all day as long as it has gas but absolutely will not rev up pops backfires then dies, but starts right back up.

souzamoto

• View Profile
Re: 2004 Kymco Mongoose 90 Sport
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 04:39:20 PM »
Have you checked valve clearances? Sounds like a tight intake. If not, even though you've said you've replaced the carb, it sounds like it needs to be cleaned. Plugged jets. Also, mixture screw needs to be set. Start with about 1.5 turns out.
CJS

scj483

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 12:11:02 AM »
Yes checked valves, carb is brand new and along with Stator and Rectifier, still same issue as with original parts.

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 02:07:56 AM »
Hummmm............ Well,only thing I think is maybe an air leak. When you crack the throttle its sucking a bunch of air from somewhere and kills it. You might check the fuel delivery also. Plug and plug wire. Hard to diagnose without looking at it. Good Luck. Let me know what you find.
CJS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()