Author Topic: Just bought a new 2013 Like 50  (Read 14732 times)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Just bought a new 2013 Like 50
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2014, 05:40:50 PM »
First service check on 2t 50cc: Change gear oil, check tire pressure, check/change spark plug (BR8HSA), check tightness of any bolt you can reach, tire pressure, rear brake adjustment, it comes blocked from the factory but I highly suggest taking the carb out and making it so you can adjust the air screw, it makes a difference. 
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Berzerker1965

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2014, 07:51:26 PM »
I started a new topic by mistake.
I found the maintenance checklist in my manual. I bought gear oil and a syringe. I adjusted the rear brakes the 1st day. I also spotted the front brake fluid is low. My conversation equation says .12l = 4oz. I also spotted a missing bolt hole behind the air filter box. Should I be concerned? I tried to upload a photo file but the file is too large.
2013 Like 2t
Derestricted bushing
So far...

Live for today for tomorrow we may die.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2014, 07:56:44 PM »
Great idea Zombie, I read the thread about that guy who shattered his rings after he cleaned out the carbon build up. If he ported and polished he would have avoided that. Better to do it right the first time than to have a catastrophic failure. Those pictures were ugly.

Carbon build up comes from ONE thing... Cheap 2t oil. Fuels now are clean burning so the only thing left is the oil.

The idea of polishing the piston dome is two fold. First is to create a surface that has no peaks/valleys that hold combustion residue, and second is to allow a faster wash across the dome. The faster the wash the more complete scavenging/intake can occur.

This chart shows how the wash pattern can be read. You will notice the mound of carbon on all the pistons. If you polish the dome the carbon will not stick, and the wash pattern is still plainly visible.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Berzerker1965

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2014, 08:19:38 PM »
How do you remove the side panels? Is it by taking out the two large screws? Then what? Remove the floor panel and the rear mud flap? I just don't want to force anything.
2013 Like 2t
Derestricted bushing
So far...

Berzerker1965

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2014, 08:23:14 PM »
Also I'm having trouble getting to the brake master cylinder to fill up the brake fluid.
2013 Like 2t
Derestricted bushing
So far...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2014, 08:26:07 PM »
I'd have to see it in front of me. They are all basicly the same tho. Start with the seat, and the cargo box. Once that is out the rest is follow the leader.

You will find one panel will cover the one screw you can't get to finish taking off the first panel. Just the way it's done.

Most bikes do NOT need the floor pan or belly pan removed. Just the seat stuff, and the rest. A small flashlight will help to see which way the clips go, and what covers what.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Berzerker1965

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2014, 10:58:55 PM »
Damn my Honda CH80 was 1 screw in the back and 1 bolt up front and the panels just popped off.

Anyway, Becca, is calling gotta go. I will tackle this in the morning. Thanks!
2013 Like 2t
Derestricted bushing
So far...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2014, 03:39:26 AM »
The sis panel on the like is as follows. Seat out, there are two 10mm bolts on the inside of of the seat bucket area remove those. Take the track off. Take the two lower side panels off take the fender off take the spark plug access panel and battery door off. From there the whole entire ass plastics port off starting in the front and lift up and back. Now my question is why do you want to do all of this? LOL
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2014, 03:52:14 AM »
Also I'm having trouble getting to the brake master cylinder to fill up the brake fluid.

The master can be a pain sometimes. It's easiest to open the bleeder, and fill cap to let it gravity bleed/fill. You may have to squeeze the lever in several dozen times to get the air to bubble out the top but once that begins you can close the bleeder, and slowly fill/squeeze until the bubbles stop.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2014, 03:53:49 AM »
The sis panel on the like is as follows. Seat out, there are two 10mm bolts on the inside of of the seat bucket area remove those. Take the track off. Take the two lower side panels off take the fender off take the spark plug access panel and battery door off. From there the whole entire ass plastics port off starting in the front and lift up and back. Now my question is why do you want to do all of this? LOL

Masochist!

Berzerker1965

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2014, 11:04:20 PM »
The reason for taking the scooter panels off is as follows.

1) I'm doing the 200 mile maintenance checklist, checking the plug etc...
2) Just want to take a good look at the engine an carb.

I drained the gear oil. Let drain for 5 minutes after it stopped dripping.
Am now using a syringe to fill it up. While filling it up some drops were coming out of the
Fill hole enough for me to put the brakes under it to catch it and 're-inject with the syringe I'm using.
Is this normal or am I filling it up too much?
2013 Like 2t
Derestricted bushing
So far...

Berzerker1965

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2014, 11:06:55 PM »
Used conversation .12 liter = 4 oz.
2013 Like 2t
Derestricted bushing
So far...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2014, 11:22:13 PM »
Yeah its normal for a little to dribble out. 120cc is right, not sure about 4oz

Berzerker1965

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2014, 11:28:39 PM »
Thanks, the conversion is right, maybe I should put a small block under the left leg of the stand. My patio is probably on a slight angle for drainage.

I just don't want to force it in and over fill it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 11:33:56 PM by Berzerker1965 »
2013 Like 2t
Derestricted bushing
So far...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2014, 12:31:34 AM »
Worst thing that can happen is it will drip out of the vent hole if you over fill.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()