Author Topic: Agility city 50 cdi problem  (Read 4921 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Agility city 50 cdi problem
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 09:07:24 PM »
Three beers, and 1/2 a nuther thing...

Carter I guess means Carburetor... That piece I am guessing is rubber? No idea what it is or where it goes. It does look worn off at the bottom end...
Don't worry about that for now.

Your Var is worn out. All the grooves on the surface tell that.
Get a malossi or Polini var, and rollers. 5.5 gram with a RED Malossi spring if you are 200 lbs. Purple if you are 150 lbs.

It will cost you around 100.00 USD if you go retail or 50ish if you open a dealer account somewhere.

The belt is correct. It MUST be 16mm wide (at least ) to be in good shape.18mm is new.

The teeth are on the correct side.

The belt is NOT going all the way to the top of the Var tho. I think your pulleys may be sticking part way closed or the rollers are too light.
Take the pulleys off the back, and dis-assemble them. Grease the parts LIGHTLY, and put it all back together. (to be sure it is working)

5.5 rollers, and a Malossi spring after all that. You will get 40-45 mph.

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Bubave

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 08:18:40 AM »
hi zombie thanks for reply, the carter is the "cover" of trasmission system, the black iron piece that cover variator belt cluth ecc. anyway, thanks for the help maybe i'll change the variator but why untill i changed the rollers it was good (poor yes but better than now) and now it seems died? maybe the rollers too heavy? yes maybe but why the seller gave me that one if I asked him the original ones? Today I'll try to change them with the old ones, and try again.

Another question, my agility has 25000km (all with restrictions), is a good idea for you invest so much money? Maybe 5-10000km and the engine will die, or anyway if a new engine can reach 40-45mph  what my old engine can do?

and the spring what is? I don't know i'm sorry  ;D

another thing, i don't understand this part

The belt is NOT going all the way to the top of the Var tho. I think your pulleys may be sticking part way closed or the rollers are too light.
Take the pulleys off the back, and dis-assemble them. Grease the parts LIGHTLY, and put it all back together. (to be sure it is working)
what i have to do? disassembly the clutch?  where can i find these pulleys? and what do you mean for "The belt is NOT going all the way to the top of the Var tho"

Thank you thank you thank you

UPDATE: I' ve just put the rollers on the balance (kitchen balance, but just to try):
old  rollers= 24g all together
new rollers= 39g all together

I think this is the problem yes? For the variator, do you know if there is a cheaper (but good) one? In italy about 60€ for a malossi and the same for a polini
I'm sorry again but you can reply only once a day so i try to ask you all my doubts, thank you thank you again!!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 04:49:57 PM by Bubave »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 11:06:39 PM »
Here is a video for the Control spring in the clutch.
You should also check if the belt can get all the way down inside the rear pulleys. You will find them behind the clutch.

This is how your cvt works...

The belt goes further up the variator as rpm is increased (due to the weights in the Var.
Your's are too heavy, and that is what slowed you down.

The 24 gram were most likely 30 gram total new. so it would have been 5 gram rollers.

You really can't get a good Var cheap. Open a dealer account w/ Racing Planet in Germany. It will end up coating about 1/2 of what you found.

If every moving part in your engine broke today, all the parts are cheap. A cylinder/head/piston is under 40.00 bucks, and a crank/bearings is under 30.00.

It's worth a few bucks to keep it running. You could always get 400.00 for any running scooter.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Bubave

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2014, 08:08:57 AM »
wow.... notreally easy disassembly the clutch... maybe is better changing only rollers and try again, but how can i open a dealer account in racing planet? There is only the customer account, and anyway it says to fill the company fields if you are a dealer, and i haven't any company! How can i do? malossi multivar is 65€, i found it for 50 in ebay, they have also naraku var, a bit cheaper, is it good in your opinion?

THANKS

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2014, 05:38:57 PM »
Naraku is cheap china crap.

Just make up a company name for racing Planet "Joes Bikes" It really does not matter.

Use your Social number or even your library card number for the VAT. As long as you pay your tax at the time of purchase it is a non issue. They don't care. They are making money.

Just changing the rollers will make all the difference in the world.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()