Author Topic: Super 8 Kickstart not recoiling  (Read 1864 times)

brhewitt

• View Profile
Super 8 Kickstart not recoiling
« on: March 05, 2012, 03:31:58 PM »
Haven't gotten a chance to take it apart yet and see if its just the spring, but my recoil won't come back up. On top of this, the kickstart is pretty hard to push down and it doesn't feel like it catching/turning like its supposed to when I kick it. Do you think I could have stripped the starter, or do you think it could just be that its not catching properly since the spring is possibly broken? Anyone else have similar issues or any suggestions as to what might be the issue?? Thanks.

**UPDATE** I just got another chance to take a look at it, (I'm a college student so I'm trying to do this in my spare time) and it almost seems like when I try to kick start it, it doesnt turn the starter crank. I admittedly know very little about mechanics, and even less about mechanics of scooters. But what I assume happens when I kick the starter is that it turns the starter crank which tries getting the engine going. However, when I do this it almost seems like something is stripped or seized up because it doesn't seem to turn the actual starter/engine (as in, the engine doesn't 'kick' or turn over), the kickstarter just grinds downward without turning the engine over and stays there. Please help!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:31:15 PM by brhewitt »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Super 8 Kickstart not recoiling
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:09:35 PM »
..take the cover off, it is not necessry to remove the kickstart arm, just the fasteners around the perimeter of the case, and there is one recessed in the middle...

..you can then see the clip that retains the kick mechanism...if nothing is broken, it's most likely the gear retainer is out of place..it's a thick wire clip...

..you must rotate the arm/gear almost all the full length of its intended stroke, position the clip, then slowly let the arm back into its normal position, all the while holding the retainer in place..

peace

..welcome to the forum!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()