Author Topic: Kymco 450i 2016 vs 2017  (Read 1000 times)

dlongo

• View Profile
Kymco 450i 2016 vs 2017
« on: March 26, 2017, 06:15:43 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with the new shifter design for the 2017 450I. Any suggestions on purchasing a 16 or a new 17. Also any recommendations on the best plow for this unit. Looking for something that mounts easy and is not put too much strain on the cable. Also any accessories that are a must for this machine. What are most paying for this machine pretax.

airshot

• View Profile
Re: Kymco 450i 2016 vs 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 01:22:17 AM »
    Not familiar with the new shifter design but very interested in seeing it!  I have a 2015 model and love it. Great machine with a great build quality, I was fortunate to have a dealer a couple hours away that allowed me to get in, under and around my machine before I bought it and they also had a test track to put it thru its paces on a test drive, most dealers do not do that.  I will tell you that dealer prep is expensive as these machines are shipped to dealer in a crate and dealer has some assembly to do so their dealer prep is a bit high.
I bought the Pile Driver snow plow unit for mine, very heavy duty unit....much heavier than needed but I do like the quick attach and release. Not a cheap unit, almost 1200 with a winch to operate it with. Very happy with my 2015 model not sure what if any changes are made to the 2017 models, perhaps someone else can chime in here.

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 01:29:54 AM »
I am not sure but I think the shifter is the only difference. But I could be wrong. Far at the pre 2017 shifter, everything I read and heard about them has not been true or an issue on my 2015 UXV 450i. I bought used, barely broken in with 148 hours. I have not experienced any shifter issues to date. The kymco UXV are a bargain of deal, with that said I got my "used" but basically new, for 6500, with my accessories I wanted added in, (Off Road Body armor Accessories, doors, bumpers tree kickers) wireless remote for the already in place warn winch on the machine, I was out the door for 8300. You cant beat them. They're a awesome for machine and the thing just flat out goes. The motor has been around forever so don't be scared of it. I also adjusted my shocks in the front and rear just about all the way up and put 26" maxxis bighorn 2.0 tires on and the ground clearance is now what it should be from the factory IMO. I say all that to say that if you can score a better deal on the 2016 model I'd certainly go that route. Then add whatever accessories you want. There are more and more accessories coming available for them. Oh I also have the factory top. Its alright, but I keep hoping someone will start making some more options for roofs for the thing. Check out Kurt, at Off Road Body Armor Accessories. Great people with a great and well built accessories. There's pics of mine floating around here on the forum some where.

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 04:01:38 AM »
Josh, I am actually getting ready to start developing a new roof. It wil be similar to the one I bought from HRF but not as flimsy and much cheaper. They built theirs with some really thin aluminum.  I will hopefully have a prototype within the next month. Thanks for recommending ORBA accessories!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 11:14:03 AM »
That's awesome Kurt!! I can't wait to see it! The factory is fine. I just don't like the way it looks with the bulges in it. I guess they are there to give each head room when wearing a helemnt idk. I think the machine would look better with a flat streamlined roof.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 04:17:00 PM »
   Those curves and bumps in the roof are what give it strength and rigidity. I like the appearance of the roof and have had many compliments on it, not sure how long that plastic will last so I would be interested in an aluminum roof as well. I wish there was some way to lower the roof line of the machine. I am not a tall person (5'6") and the head room for me is extreme, could drop it 4-5 inches with no problem and still have plenty of helmet space. I am looking for an enclosed trailer but finding one with enough door height to drive the machine into has become a problem.  To get the higher opening you need to buy a much larger trailer than I want or need. Now that retirement is here the wife and I are looking for a small motorhome so we can cruise around the country and check out various riding areas. Also joined a side x side club that has organized rides most every month. Just need the stars to align to get things done in time for riding season

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()