Author Topic: Kymco USA at the Altanta Cycle World Show | Bruce Ramsey Interview  (Read 1839 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nate at AlternativeCrusiers.com has a great post about his visit to the 27th Annual Cycle World International Motorcycle in Atlanta...

http://www.alternativecruisers.com/index.php?topic=5067.msg58482#msg58482

Be sure to read the details of his interview with Bruce Ramsey.  Here are some interesting comments from the article...

According to Bruce, Kymco, like all in the motor sports industry, have seen a decline in sales lately. Some manufacturers have reported even double digit declines in sales. Kymco has weathered the recent storm posting nominal increases in sales.

About Kymco’s Venox getting FI…
Not to say that we won’t see EFI sooner, but at this point Kymco USA doesn’t feel the added cost to MSRP would encourage more sales. Currently Bruce estimates the Venox sells approximately 300 units a year, including bikes sold for MSF training use.

Another commonly asked question is “will there ever be a larger displacement motorcycle?” Bruce reports at this time there are no plans to move in that direction.

KYMCO MANAGER

• View Profile
Re: Kymco USA at the Altanta Cycle World Show | Bruce Ramsey Interview
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 11:54:07 AM »
Im in the first two photos. "green shirt"

That girl was smoking and friendly,, lol

Bruce is a very knowledgable man. He dont let out know secrets. Not building a bigger motorcycle. ;)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco USA at the Altanta Cycle World Show | Bruce Ramsey Interview
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 08:35:19 PM »
Nice!  Can’t wait to see the bike you are not building!  These are exciting times in the moto world.  I grew up reading the same motorcycle tests I read today.  Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Kawasaki vs Suzuki.  Boring!

I really hope you guys knock it out of the park with something unique.  Marketable of course, but unique.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()