Author Topic: Super 8 150 2014 Won't Stay Running  (Read 628 times)

FCSSensai

• View Profile
Super 8 150 2014 Won't Stay Running
« on: September 14, 2022, 02:53:44 PM »
She starts, idles fine, runs fine. Will run 50 mph for a hour to 4 hours then suddenly she will start dying out, and cut off completely. She then will crank but not start, and after a day or so will start up just fine like nothing happened then the cycle continues. Any advice?

jeeves

• Dubrovnik, Croatia
    • View Profile
Re: Super 8 150 2014 Won't Stay Running
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 07:04:37 AM »
She starts, idles fine, runs fine. Will run 50 mph for a hour to 4 hours then suddenly she will start dying out, and cut off completely. She then will crank but not start, and after a day or so will start up just fine like nothing happened then the cycle continues. Any advice?

Check for spark when it happens again. Could be something wrong with ignition.
Also check if fuel getting to the carb.
Agility City 125

FCSSensai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 05:22:22 PM »
Check for spark when it happens again. Could be something wrong with ignition.
Also check if fuel getting to the carb.

In an effort to help those who are stuck, my issue wound up being what many complain about...Venting System Failure. My gas tank is not venting fumes properly, and when it gets warmed up over time (especially at WOT) it chokes the fuel supply due to negative vacuum pressure in the canister. Pulling Gas Cap off allows it to start right back up, and as a permanent fix, I just secure the gas cap as normal, and then twist it as far as I can loose w/o unlocking it. Vents enough to not stall, but saves me the hassle of drilling a hole in it.

Hope my Fever Dream of working on this BS for two weeks only to find such a simple solution at LEAST helps someone else who's stuck.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 10:54:46 PM »
thank you for sharing your solution. Glad you got it figured out.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()