Author Topic: Super 8 150 upgrade questions  (Read 1462 times)

newbie2shoes

• View Profile
Super 8 150 upgrade questions
« on: June 12, 2016, 03:29:10 AM »
Hi, im new to scooters and this forum.
I am wanting to speed up my scooter a bit and get some better performance. i have done thorough research but info can be hard to find about the super 8 150x especially a 2016. i have bought a torque spring and sliders but i am wondering if i should wait until my scooter is more broken in before i put them in. could i damage the scooter by not waiting? also i want to replace the air box with an uni filter, but i noticed more tubes going to the airbox than just the tube from the carb. will i need to but tiny filters for those hoses? also what size filter will fit the carb.  and is buying new jets for the carb a good idea? also the bike feels limited compared to dirtbikes ive ridden...ive read the cdi isnt limited but is it possible that it is? would a new cdi make a difference? thanks for all your help sorry for the rambling questions lol

erics

• View Profile
Re: Super 8 150 upgrade questions
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 03:12:27 AM »
In my opinion the one best way to get a scooter to run faster is to increase the engine cubic capacity or CC.
All other mods are only superficial and may add so little that you will spend a lot but not get a lot in return.

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: Super 8 150 upgrade questions
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 07:55:04 PM »
I made my own Uni filter.  See this thread: http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=22868.0
I didn't notice any change in performance but I won't have to buy any more air filters.

The biggest performance upgrade you can make to ANY bike is to improve your riding skills. 

The only performance upgrade I made was grind away some metal from the side stand mount for improved cornering clearance.  But I have a 2009 model so yours may be different.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()