Author Topic: 06 MXU 300 overcharging  (Read 1468 times)

Ole42R

• View Profile
06 MXU 300 overcharging
« on: February 02, 2014, 03:28:04 AM »
Hey guys, just joined the forum for some insight on and issue I am having with a friends ATV.
Its an 06 MXU 300, having issues with the charging system and battery. Recently put in a new ignition box because it was bubbled and burned out, now roughly 3 months later the ATV stalled again, after getting it in the shop and getting it to start I read upwards of 25 volts!
I really have no idea whats all involved in the charging systems on these machines as I own and ride Polaris.
 Is the stator shorted or is it just a voltage regulator gone bad?  Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

onecraftydude

• View Profile
Re: 06 MXU 300 overcharging
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 07:32:01 PM »
I am having the same problem with mine now. Battery says it has 12.5 v when removed, but the display don't work and the 4wheeler just died. I have had to pull start it lately because the battery was getting weak, but now i'm not too sure whats going on.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 06 MXU 300 overcharging
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 12:54:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum guys... There is a rectifier/regulator mounted (somewhere) on the bike.

Both of your problems could stem from this part. Shorted, and it will deliver high voltage. Open, and it will not charge at all.

The part you are looking for looks like this...

You can get them at KymcoPartsMonster.Com
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()