Author Topic: Kymco variator and carb adjustment  (Read 1431 times)

Yellowi

• View Profile
Kymco variator and carb adjustment
« on: May 05, 2020, 08:25:08 PM »
Hi i installed airsal 70cc kit,technigas next r, +30 back end springs,malossi multivar (5g) rollers, malossi carbon fiber butterfly valve and a 98 main jet. Ive been having trouble at acceleration, it wont really accelerate well but when i reach 60km/h or over it takes the power spike. So why is the acceleration bad but good at a really high speed?

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco variator and carb adjustment
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 09:16:15 PM »
As I recently learned, changing the engine and drive train at once can be hard to tune with so many possible issues. Have you tested for the correct mixture at each jet bracket(idle screw, pilot, main)? Adjusting jets by feel can be tricky as lean and rich symptoms are similar. Out of curiosity have you changed the air and exhaust end or left that stock?

In general you want the powerplant to be in good working order as a constant baseline for tuning the drive train so if something is undesirably different you know what the last thing changed was.
Become the best you can with what you have.

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 08:00:25 AM »
Are you sure your variator roller weight and clutch spring combination is correct ? Those combinations works hand in hand and are very dependant on each other. The slightest mismatch will have an effect on engine performance - I think specially on a scooter with small engine.
For example - if the scooter “change gears” too soon, the engine will be under too much strain just after take off - and the engine will not be able to pick up Rpm’s correctly.

The fact that your engine pics up speed after a while makes me think you are having a variator / clutch problem - not an engine problem.
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Yellowi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 09:30:35 AM »
Ive tried 5,8g rollers and +50,+30 torque spring, +30 and +20 clutch springs but i cant find the sweetspot.My carb is adjusted correctly on my opinion. And i have stock airfilter but a better exhaust.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()