Author Topic: Super9 AC basic tuning and parts source in US  (Read 1467 times)

Dmitry

• View Profile
Super9 AC basic tuning and parts source in US
« on: September 13, 2022, 11:03:20 PM »
Looking for simple and reliable setup for my bone stock S9, don't want a hand grenade or loud noisemaker and no power.
Leaving the cylinder stock, for now.
Want to get a Pipe and Variator, Malossi makes both, any reason not to get Malossi pipe and go with Technigas, which seems to be most popular, or at least more results come back on Google.
If Technigas, what model pipe, they have more than one.
Also where should I order it. (I'm in US)
If I get all Malossi parts will the variator work better with Malossi pipe?
I understand that ideal weights will keep it in the powerband, so would Malossi kit have ideal set up to go with malossi pipe?
Also where can I get jets?
Seems all links are dead, posts I'm finding are 10 years old, google search points to questionable sources and eBay which is loaded with fake junk.

Dmitry

• View Profile
Re: Super9 AC basic tuning and parts source in US
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 05:41:13 PM »
WOW, what a waste of time this forum turned out to be...

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 09:02:36 PM »
WOW, what a waste of time this forum turned out to be...
You have any idea how many threads on this very topic exist on this forum? These questions have been asked and answered. Do a search and THEN comment, please.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 08:21:39 AM »
Very restrained Karl  ;)
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 12:23:49 PM »
Looking for simple and reliable setup for my bone stock S9, don't want a hand grenade or loud noisemaker and no power.
Leaving the cylinder stock, for now.
Want to get a Pipe and Variator, Malossi makes both, any reason not to get Malossi pipe and go with Technigas, which seems to be most popular, or at least more results come back on Google.
If Technigas, what model pipe, they have more than one.
Also where should I order it. (I'm in US)
If I get all Malossi parts will the variator work better with Malossi pipe?
I understand that ideal weights will keep it in the powerband, so would Malossi kit have ideal set up to go with malossi pipe?
Also where can I get jets?
Seems all links are dead, posts I'm finding are 10 years old, google search points to questionable sources and eBay which is loaded with fake junk.
What it boils down to is how cost effective is it to heavily mod a 50 cc engine to get better performance? Honda in the 60's bult a 50 cc dohc Gran Prix entry that produced astounding power and won the class. Sochiro Honda dumped truckloads of ¥ on that project. Many, including me, think hot-rodding is great. Wonderful innovations result but it takes money.

Boils to this: you want to ride or you want to tinker? You want to ride, stick in a bigger engine. Make a "sleeper" with a 125 cc GY6. Or just trade for a bike with a bigger jug. Or if tinkering is it, go for it. But you gonna walk more.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Dmitry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 10:08:40 PM »
You have any idea how many threads on this very topic exist on this forum? These questions have been asked and answered. Do a search and THEN comment, please.

As I mentioned before I have searched, links are dead and info is outdated, 10 year old posts pointing to long gone suppliers.

Seems it takes a little nudge to get  reply and still NOTHING on topic.

I'm thinking either no one here has a clue or everyone just such a snob that they can't take a moment to type up few lines.

Dmitry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2022, 10:32:45 PM »
What it boils down to is how cost effective is it to heavily mod a 50 cc engine to get better performance? Honda in the 60's bult a 50 cc dohc Gran Prix entry that produced astounding power and won the class. Sochiro Honda dumped truckloads of ¥ on that project. Many, including me, think hot-rodding is great. Wonderful innovations result but it takes money.

Boils to this: you want to ride or you want to tinker? You want to ride, stick in a bigger engine. Make a "sleeper" with a 125 cc GY6. Or just trade for a bike with a bigger jug. Or if tinkering is it, go for it. But you gonna walk more.

Honda RC11X bikes got nothing to do with my objective (yes I know my GP motorcycles and Hondas racing history) I don't see how 50cc DOHC twin screaming at 20+rpm  mated to a 9 speed gearbox has anything to do with a single cylinder 2 stroke mated to a rubber band.
 I'm just trying to uncork my stock S9 so I can keep up with traffic.
Did I mention it's a 2 stroke? they are restricted to literally half the speed they are capable of.

If I have a desire for speed I will ride on of my many motorcycles or vintage scooters that are all faster than S9 can ever be.

I asked a specific question, Technigas vs Malossi pipe, clearly no one knows the answer.

I asked about reputable US suppliers... crickets...

But hey "use search function!"

I'm not a noob, been around scooters for 20 years, motorcycles 30+, just never had any interest in twist-n-go type until now. 15 years ago we had a shop next door and access to multiple parts sources, shop is closed, all the suppliers are gone... currently I am finding things on ebay (questionably cheap) Amazon (ridiculously overpriced) or overseas from sources I never heard of. I get my vintage parts from SIP but for some reason they do not sell Malossi parts to US customers.

Also I'm looking for main jet and I'm getting too many conflicting results M4, M5, M6... Brought the bike to our place up north and I don't have a garage or many tools up there so I want to get the right parts the first time and not have to take it apart 100 times trying to match a jet because I can't leave it disassembled out in the yard.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2022, 02:31:49 PM »
haha...I always purposely avoid the 50cc forum section precisely because of threads like this....and then this morning I decide to take another look in the 50cc area....lesson learned!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2022, 04:20:16 PM »
haha...I always purposely avoid the 50cc forum section precisely because of threads like this....and then this morning I decide to take another look in the 50cc area....lesson learned!
Aren't there 50cc forums where they inform, misinform, attack and applaud each other - at length?
Perhaps the OP would be better served there?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2022, 04:35:36 PM »
Another reason for crickets is NO ONE KNOWS! No one has been there and done that. I was not the first one to put a car tire on the back ofva scooter but nearly the first on this forum. Got my info from the "daarkside" and Burgman forums. Dint see anything about it here so went elsewhere.

I think Scootdawg forum and china scooters forum has tons of 50 cc upgrade posts...
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2022, 05:37:03 PM »
yes, Karl, exactly! Other forums must exist to answer the never ending questions of what jetting, big bore kit, pipe, pod filter,  CDI wire to cut, derestrict, go faster, etc. questions!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Dmitry

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2022, 08:26:35 PM »
Aren't there 50cc forums where they inform, misinform, attack and applaud each other - at length?
Perhaps the OP would be better served there?
Stig

This is Kymco specific forum, was looking for specific model info, my mistake was assuming that someone here has a clue.

Dmitry

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2022, 08:35:48 PM »

Find it funny that scooter forum can be so snobbish, do you think 50cc scooters are for plebs?

Dmitry

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2022, 08:39:02 PM »
Another reason for crickets is NO ONE KNOWS! No one has been there and done that. I was not the first one to put a car tire on the back ofva scooter but nearly the first on this forum. Got my info from the "daarkside" and Burgman forums. Dint see anything about it here so went elsewhere.

I think Scootdawg forum and china scooters forum has tons of 50 cc upgrade posts...

Darksiding is such a volatile topic, I thought all you had to do is say it 3 times and the whole forum would be on you like a ton of bricks. What are you running it on? Do they even make car tires small enough?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2022, 09:55:01 PM »
Darksiding is such a volatile topic, I thought all you had to do is say it 3 times and the whole forum would be on you like a ton of bricks. What are you running it on? Do they even make car tires small enough?
Many times all you have to say it ONCE and you get blasted! The Downtown 300i has the same size wheels as the Burgman 400 and the rear is 13". Achilles, a tire maker in Israel is one of the few that make 12 and 13 inch car tires. Achilles was the choice of several Burg riders so I went for it! Got it from Amazon, I think.

I got into it with a member here so bad that Stig had to throw a bucket of cold water on me! Har, har! There is a super tech type on the Burgman forum that is dead against car tires on ANY two wheeler who can be a challenge. He testifies in British courts as an expert witness. There is a retired Bridgestone engineer that holds crash investigator seminars who recommends against darksiding.

Then there are thousands of riders with decades of actual experience in this that have specific lists of what was used on hundreds of bike models with no problems.

Then there is absolutely NO ONE here that has done what you want to do! There is a facebook group I used to belong that hot rod GY6 stuff all year long. Assfalt Riders or Assfalt scooters...something like that...ASSFALT EATERS!.... you may find several there who are knowlegeable.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 10:04:20 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()