Author Topic: Metzler Feelfree tires  (Read 1774 times)

Dr. Scooter

• View Profile
Metzler Feelfree tires
« on: March 28, 2011, 03:57:46 AM »
I just installed a set at roughly 7500 miles. I had Pirelli Diablos got 6500 miles out of them the metzlers are a bit higher so I hope I get a few more miles out these tires I am also looking into doing some more nodding but not sure whatto do so I am going to look and see what I can find
2007 Kymco Xciting 500

Modding a scooter is a beatiful thing!

jan.strydom

• View Profile
Re: Metzler Feelfree tires
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 04:24:55 PM »
What size did you put on?

Dr. Scooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 04:10:49 AM »
Stock size I feel no need for larger tires
2007 Kymco Xciting 500

Modding a scooter is a beatiful thing!

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 04:51:00 AM »
Cost of the tire isn't directly relative to their longevity. Some of the most expensive tires are ones that don't last nearly as long -- they're made of softer, "grippier" materials for better performance in curves, especially. COnversely, a lot of the less-expensive tires are harder, wearing better, but not having the same performance characteristics.

The trick is trying to find that sweet spot between performance and wear. Not very easy!  I've been very happy with the handling on my P250 with the stock Kenda on the rear (on its second), which is cheaper, and wears well, and the stickier Pirelli GTS23 on the front (my second front tire, first Pirelli, which has better control and feel than the stock Kenda had).

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()