Author Topic: Modifications I made and need to make (trike, add-ons, seat problems)  (Read 1660 times)

Jim

• View Profile
I bought a 2009 Xciting 500 with 6700 miles to replace a 2007 GrandVista (awesome bike) with 18,000 miles, with the intent to add a Tow Pac Trike kit.

The Xciting back rest (should be called butt rest) kills my tailbone (pain and numbness). This is despite the Utopia Backrest I installed. Is anyone else experiencing this and finding a solution. I am 5'10" and 175# and have the butt rest in the full backwards position.

The Trike now has 2000 miles on it and is working well after many adjustments to compensate for the weak instructions and pictures/diagrams. I also added a Top Case and side cases from T-Motorsports. They were very reasonable, but sort of cheaply made. I made a few improvements and they work and look good. Anyone else add a tow-pac to the 500?

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: Modifications I made and need to make (trike, add-ons, seat problems)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 02:27:23 AM »
Welcome Jim!  ;)  I have no exp with trikes or trike kits, sorry.  I have an Xciting 500 but rarely ride more than 30 minutes at a time so I really haven't noticed any problem with the seat. Trikes made out of 500s have been mentioned here before once in a while.  Just wanted to welcome you and wish you happy, safe riding. 

spr0k3t

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 04:01:40 AM »
Seat wise, get an airhawk... you won't have any problems EVAR after that.

Alex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 02:40:03 AM »
apart from finding where it is leaking from , patching it, blowing up..finding where it is leaking from patching, blowing up , etc etc..very comfy when its blown up, doest last long :'(

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()