Author Topic: How tighten mirrors?  (Read 8911 times)

rick71

• View Profile
Re: How tighten mirrors?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 10:29:38 PM »
I screwed it back in, hand tight, then used both hands to adjust. I also noticed that I wasn't seeing behind me very well. So, I put it on the side stand and turned the wheel all the way to the left and adjusted the mirror (using the bottom adjustment) so that it almost touched the windshield, and then adjusted the mirror using both hands. I'm going to have to do the same with the left mirror. I have seen complaints that the mirrors don't give much of a view. I can see almost everything behind me now :-)

Are there pictures/docs on how to screw extenders into the stalks? I'm thinking that might be one way to change mirrors.
Rick

msgtphil

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 06:28:55 AM »
All you have to do is remove the stalk (section that was previously loose) from the base, screw the adapter to the stalk and screw it back into the base. You'll have to use some blue thread lock or no matter how much you tighten by hand you'll eventually bump against it and knock it loose, left side especially. the place I got my extensions from is out of business but these will work. Order the anodized black for a perfect match. Two inch is perfect for getting the mirrors out past your shoulders. Thread is 10mm/1.25 thread pitch, so you can shop around, once you see what the extensions look like. This is just the only web site I have looked at, not promoting them.
http://www.koubalink.com/mirror.html

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 09:48:27 PM »
Thanks, I'll take a look.
Rick

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()