Author Topic: Pics of how I work on my CVT  (Read 2169 times)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Pics of how I work on my CVT
« on: March 17, 2011, 03:55:25 AM »
Worked on the CVT a bit today and took a few pics. 

First, this is a Motion Pro cluch holding tool from motorcycle-superstore.com. modified by me and my dremel.  I had to grind the round pegs slightly smaller to fit the variator holes just right.  You see me inserting a piece of old angle iron up under the air box and forward up against a frame member.
Here it is with the holding tool rotated into the angle iron with my half inch breaker bar ready to break the nut loose.

Next, I turn the tool over.  I had to cut about an inch off the tangs that go in the clutch and cut notches in it to grab the clutch bell. 

Lastly, the corner of my deck railing makes a good workbench.  :D

axy

• View Profile
Re: Pics of how I work on my CVT
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 09:07:02 AM »
Worked on the CVT a bit today and took a few pics. 

It is not a problem to fix mechanical things (especially scoots). Problem arises if you do not have proper tools, or a garage.
For many of us that live in apartments and urban areas, there is no other choice but to visit the mechanic for most repairs. :(
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

msgtphil

• View Profile
Re: Pics of how I work on my CVT
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 07:03:24 AM »
Love the work bench, innovative. Adapt, adopt & improve, a large cheap tarp and sheet of 3/4" plywood to protect carpet can and has converted first floor apartments into suitable work space.

"If you've ever had to step over a transmission to take a shower, you might be a red neck." J. Foxworthy

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()