Author Topic: Get my new Like 125 today, in the UK.  (Read 4733 times)

Richi

• View Profile
Get my new Like 125 today, in the UK.
« on: July 01, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
Hi first time here, as I get my new Like 125 today.  Been riding Piaggio's and currently a Gilera SP 50 Runner.  Heard a lot of ggod things about the Like, so I bought one, and guess what I haven't even seen it in the flesh as the dealer had to order it in.  They only do white and graphite in the UK, and I had to opt for the graphite, don't even know if I'll like the colour. 

Still, looking forward to picking it up, any pro's and cons to look out for would be greatly appreciated.

J-7

• View Profile
Re: Get my new Like 125 today, in the UK.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 12:50:50 PM »

The body is the same as on my L200i. A little longer wheelbase than a Vespa LX150, good medium sized scoot. The seat is awesome after breaking in a little, and very good with passengers. The tail trunk is priceless, I use it all the time to hold my helmet, glasses and such. There are two helmet holder posts under the seat for when you have all the storage taken up with any shopping. Under seat is nice too, though more of a flatter space suitable for rain gear, jackets and the like. Weather protection as with any scooter, particularly if you add a windscreen is fantastic. The tires and wheels are of a good size and are a common enough to be found from other brands as well.
 The shape is very pleasing if you like the classic look. Very much like a Vespa and a Lambretta had a child.
  Everything looks very top notch. Enjoy. :)
:)

Richi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 08:28:50 PM »
Picked my scoot up this afternoon.  Love the look of it, not as smooth on pull away as I would like, judders? maybe it will get better in time, I hope.  Feels a little small compared to a Vespa, but again got to get used to it.  Only done 25 mile on it so far. Will keep people posted.

J-7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 03:01:34 PM »

When you take off and it kicks in? I usually start off a little slow to avoid premature wear on the rear tire anyway, but yes, there is a little bit of a "slip" or something as it kicks in. By product of the CVT I suppose, but doesn't seem to harm anything.
The floor board is set up different than a Vespa which is probably what makes it feel smaller to you. It's actually slightly bigger, just not in the floorboard.

Richi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 06:46:11 AM »
Well coming up to nearly a week now, and I must say that I am enjoying my scoot.  It's so qiuet compared to my Gilera runner,  people have said how nice it looks, and that the colour (graphite) is nice too.  Gonna try to get some miles in this weekend to run it in a bit.  When would you say that it would be run in, on about 1000 miles or so.

J-7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 12:57:08 PM »

A four stroke generally by 1,000 as far as being able to relax with it and not think about how you are riding, but isn't the 125 a two stroke? Than probably half that time.

Richi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 02:35:26 PM »
The 125cc is a 4 stroke, so it'll be the same, around a 1000.  It is a very smooth engine except for the pull away where it seems to viabrate throught the handlebars and floor for a few seconds. Maybe a bit of adjustment on the first service will do the trick.  Anyway of for a spin now.

J-7

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 01:30:47 PM »

It will. Don't forget to check the valves on the first service.

Richi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 01:10:51 PM »
Thanks for the extra info on the valves, I'll be sure to tell the dealership when the service is due.  See that your in Orlando J-7, Oh how I wished I lived there, all that lovely weather.

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 09:18:29 PM »
Picked my scoot up this afternoon.  Love the look of it, not as smooth on pull away as I would like, judders? maybe it will get better in time, I hope.  Feels a little small compared to a Vespa, but again got to get used to it.  Only done 25 mile on it so far. Will keep people posted.
Sounds like the clutch. My new DownTown 300i did the same thing at first. No problem now that I have a few thousand K on it. Give it time!
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

Richi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 10:37:40 AM »
Thanks racewalker, I thought it might need a few k on the clock for it to settlesown.

J-7

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 12:26:58 PM »

Yes, great state for riding. :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()