Author Topic: 450i s x s will not start  (Read 846 times)

Bigpappa

• View Profile
450i s x s will not start
« on: June 05, 2019, 01:06:29 AM »
Hi guys,

I have a 2016 sxs that will not start. My daughter was riding and it just quit. There is no power to the display. The bike will turn over. It obvious that the electronics required to make it run are not getting power. Checked fuses all looked good. Any thoughts? Computer maybe went kaput?

Thanks in advance!!

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
Re: 450i s x s will not start
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 01:47:49 PM »
I'm hardly a mechanical genius, but my guess is that if there is no power to the display, there probably is no power to the fuel injector either. And that could at least explain why the engine won't start/run even though you may be able to crank it.

As for the cause, I am afraid I am not much help there. However, there are quite a few knowledgeable owners on here and I am sure they will have some helpful ideas. Good luck!
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 04:36:06 PM »
Not an expert but here are some possible checks. There are some inline fuses so check them as well.  First check is the battery, use volt meter, needs to be 12.6 volts or higher.  With the ign in on position see if power is at fuel injector wires. A good vom will be needed to start tracing wires to see where power goes and stops. I am curious if your battery went bad, check under the hood in front of dash/firewall and see if any wires came disconnected. Good luck and keep us posted

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 03:45:36 PM »
my battery recently died on mine,  I was given a home made trailer, and I loaded the 450i on for a short test run,  I was busy, so I just left it on the trailer, a few days later when I went to unload, it turned over, but no start, so I walked away, next day, only click click click, I was at dealer for other reasons, asked when I could bring it in, they were not particularly busy, and said right now, I drove back home, hooked up my trailer brought it in, they unloaded it with their forklift, I was due for service anyway, worked out good, battery was original from  2015 model year
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()