Author Topic: 2006 Venox 250 sputtering....Just bought it, put 200 miles on her..  (Read 16058 times)

Mike-the-Bike

• View Profile
Re: 2006 Venox 250 sputtering....Just bought it, put 200 miles on her..
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2013, 04:07:48 PM »
I thought I would add to this 3-month old thread:  my bike has been losing power like yours at around 190km  (114 miles) from a full tank; if I fill the tank back up, the power loss problem is solved....until I get to around 190 km again.  Perhaps the weight of the fuel in a full tank is allowing the fuel delivery system to operate properly, but as the gas gets used up, the lighter weight isn't pushing past whatever hurdle is lurking in the system?  114 miles would be consistent with 2 gallons of gas used from a full tank; since I have read that the fuel petcock automatically switches to "reserve" at about a gallon left in the tank, perhaps the "reserve" function is faulty, and my bike is acting as if it were running out of gas.   From the design of the fuel filter and petcock, there does not appear to be a "reserve" chamber in the gas tank.  My fuel sending unit looks like it could be faulty, and does send errant messages to the light on the dash (comes on for a few minutes even after filling the tank).   Ordered all new parts for the tank--filter, petcock, and sending unit.  Will see if that solves the problem.

max oradea

• View Profile
Re: 2006 Venox 250 sputtering....Just bought it, put 200 miles on her..
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2013, 02:29:26 PM »
there is no reserve on this tank its got a vacuum operated fuel lock and a fuel screen inside the tank with a fuel level sensor. nothing inside will switch to anything when fuel is low, maybe a bad fuel lock or vacuum lock problem in your tank.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()