Author Topic: My Piaggio is off the road.  (Read 482 times)

PaulF

• View Profile
My Piaggio is off the road.
« on: October 10, 2018, 08:16:31 PM »
My almost new expensive Piaggio Medly that I bought because I wanted a very modern reliable scooter has been off the road for 3 weeks now back at the dealership's mechanic shop and I might still not get her back for a couple of weeks yet.  It started to idle rough when started cold and would stall until it was fully warm so I booked it in thinking maybe it was a quick fix but after a couple of weeks of testing the electronics and those results were sent to Piaggio Australia and then were resent to the head company they stated that the fuel body assemble had to be replaced and a new one sent from overseas and that would take 2 - 3 weeks.  Luckily they had one or else I was told it could be 8 weeks if it was not available.  Very disappointed on how long it takes to get something that is my daily ride back on the road.  The dealership lent me a old worn out Honda Lead but after a couple of weeks I decided I needed something better and purchased a second hand Honda CB125E.  One reason I got it is that it is so basic that I can do all the servicing myself and the other main reason is that after riding the Medley which has a 16" front wheel and a 14" rear is that I wanted something with large rims. 

It is fun to ride and very light and agile but I did notice that because at times I was thinking about correct gear changes my attention wasn't fully focused on the road and the surroundings as it was when I rode my scooter.

Do you have these in the States?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: My Piaggio is off the road.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 09:34:24 PM »
Oh, that sounds awful! All I have is either some rant that would accomplish nothing or sympathy which is not much better. There has to be a better way! The Honda 125 looks pretty snazzy and I have no idea if any are here in CONUS. I think it would be hard to beat being so simple and proven! Back to the Piaggio, there needs to be a parts availability to THE OWNERS of these machines since the dealer networks seem to suck no matter the country!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 01:13:57 AM »
Keep you focus now that you're stirring a gearbox! It'll be second nature, soon.
Sorry to hear about your scoot's brain damage. Truly.
I do trust that Piaggio will get it sorted for you - and that you'll spend years enjoying that pretty scooter.

Well, when my newish LIKE developed brain damage - I refused to take it home any longer until they sorted it. This took a few months - so I bought a Honda as well (pretty red Forza 300)

Glad you're still able to enjoy a nice ride....and keep us posted with your results.
Is it RED, like your pic?
Hang in there!
Stig
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:15:41 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 02:18:52 AM »
Thanks Stig and Crossbolt.  It is a red one Stig although I was after a white one.  I going to use it for a couple hours per week delivering for Uber Eats. That will earn enough to pay for the insurance and road registration cost.

Ernestt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 03:19:44 AM »
That Honda is pretty cool
2009 kymco people 250s

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()