Author Topic: agility 50 problems :(  (Read 20444 times)

matthew_addison

• 09 ag 50, 12800km. needs help!
    • View Profile
Re: agility 50 problems :(
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 05:49:08 PM »
oh and also what is an "open air filter"? im guessing its some kind of mod? is it just basically taking the standard air filter and box off and replacing it with an aftermarket filter?

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 06:21:45 PM »
WD40 ?  No way !! Never ever lubricate anything inside a carb !

The slide is the piston like thing that holds the needle and has the diaphragm and a weak spring on top, it should slide up and down smoothly in the carb housing, with almost no play or friction...

Just take the top lid off the carb so you can get the slide out, and disassemble the air hose and airbox completely, so you can make the whole passage from air filter to intake manifold completely dust free. And I mean _DUST FREE_  8)

Also, I advise you not to mess around with open air filters until you understand how your Agility works and you've been able to keep it running the way it should be for some time... Open air filters are one of the many possible ways to make a beginner screw up his engine or its reliability real good...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:25:07 PM by mono »

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 07:19:38 PM »
my bad.... mono is right.... i just ment that buying a set will come in handy one day..... didnt meen to change filter now.... as mono said get it running first and a good understanding of the a50 in a year or so you will prob want to make some mods....thats when they come in handy.. as will cost you £3.00 now for 1 82 jet... costs £10.00 for ten jets.

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »
Stupid question I know but what do I use to clean all air filter carb etc? A can of compressed air? Or just a damp lint free cloth?

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2012, 11:21:17 PM »
 forced air is good for the filter. And for the carb get a can of carb cleaner its a spray bottle. Use that on the inside and outside of the carb. If you take the jets out watch for all little parts that might fall out. the jets need to go back in nice and tight but dont over tighten.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 05:51:07 AM »

I've been cleaning carbs and air hoses all my life with nothing else than a piece of cloth, naphta (white spirit ?), and the most important : compressed air...

For the air filter itself you should only use compressed air...

An air compressor is a very useful tool in our trade, I certainly wouldn't like to do without...

A can of compressed air is a workable compromise if you're on a tight budget... I'm even pretty sure that a can of compressed air would be a better investment than a can of carb cleaner.

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 05:59:45 AM »
Okay thanks guys I shall have a go at that on the weekend :) oh yeah there are so many parts to the carb as I know from before just gotta be super careful.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2012, 01:00:54 PM »
Thats why i would try redex first saves getting your hands dirty and if you are not to sure what you are doing saves taking the risk of making things worse, plus even if it does not solve your problem the redex will not have been wasted as it also helps clean inside the cylinder and the valves and there steats etc......
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 01:39:07 PM »
No, Redex won't clean his slide.

It's better to tackle problems by really finding out what's going on right away and learning how to fix things the right way - instead of trying the "snake oil / voodoo" approach first and hope that you've fixed it... Please stop leading people in senseless directions.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:47:17 PM by mono »

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2012, 05:22:01 PM »
Just can't find a damn can of compressed air I guess I will have to strip the carb fully and clean it with white spirit a job for the weekend I think

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2012, 05:46:07 PM »
Take your time and work in a clean environment...

I once used a bicycle tyre pump (with the valve clip removed from the hose) to blow through all passages and jets of a carb - a very tricky way, since you're short of at least one hand (it's easy to launch small parts with compressed air and lose them, especially when you have to divide your attention between a pump and a small part  ;D ) but it did the job...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:48:52 PM by mono »

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2012, 06:46:18 PM »
So a tyre compressor with a football needle would work just the same then? already got one kicking around saves spending more money :) and then clear hoses and fuel filter with white spirit.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2012, 07:07:32 PM »

A tyre compressor with a football needle might just work indeed, especially for small passages and in small bursts...

What I always do is to soak everything in white spirit first, so that contaminations stay solved and floating instead of drying solid. Dirt that stays solid gets to meet one of my old toothbrushes, and only when all dirt looks solved or floating instead of solid and sticking, I blow the white spirit including dirt away with compressed air...

Rinse and repeat, just to make sure...

Also clean the inside of your airhose and airbox with a cloth and compressed air, since you've been driving without the clamp on the hose, I expect some sand and dust to stick around there, and that's probably one of the biggest enemies of a CV carb like ours...

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2012, 11:40:13 PM »
or even cheaper...get a foot pump, attach a football needle....aim...annnnnnd press quick and hard on the pump...wooooosh one cheap air gun.
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

bootscooterboogie

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2012, 02:56:57 AM »
They sell cans of compressed air at any office supply place. 
2009 Kymco Agility - 50cc
1999 Yamaha Zuma - 50cc (sold but not forgotten)

"If stupid people were trees...  I'd be living in the enchanted forest..."

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()