Author Topic: agility 50 problems :(  (Read 20447 times)

matthew_addison

• 09 ag 50, 12800km. needs help!
    • View Profile
Re: agility 50 problems :(
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 09:04:36 AM »
It could be the choke it does seem to be on quite a lot I guess it will be a new choke then? Will take it all apart today and check everything and I'm not sure what it was it just appeared there but since I changed fuel filter and carb it hasn't come back, I would of kept it but the guy threw it straight in the bin said I definitely don't need that cr*p  :-\

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 12:39:52 PM »
starte a bin for your self ya just never know what you might need.Even when I take my scoots in to get fixed I ask for all the parts back.You may have been able to use the jets from the old one .

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 12:55:49 PM »
ive got a box full of parts..even the old cylinder, piston and head aswell as my old carb, airbox my old CDi unit, variator, clutch and bell. you never know if you might need em again.
btw where in england are you?
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 08:11:32 PM »
@matthew_addison : have you checked if the carb slide was down all the way when the engine stopped ?

I've had exactly the same symptoms with bogging down every now and then... Turned out that the slide was sticking sometimes because of a few grains of sand that found their way into the venturi somehow....

And since this slide is supposed to control the mixture by lowering the jet needle at lower rpms, the engine just bogs down or even drowns when you open the throttle at those moments...

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:26:23 PM by mono »

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 12:10:35 AM »
Ahh I doubt I will be able to get it back now. I have fully  stripped down the Ped and can see nothing wrong manifold is fine pipes and wires are all fine so I have no idea what it is I got it going but decided against taking it for a ride as it has been throwing it down! Typical English weather I guess @whitenight I'm about 30 miles away from york YO43 area a town called market weighton @ mono this is exactly what it seems to be doing it just boggs down and takes so much effort to get it started again tried changing plug don't think it made any difference was still bogging down when I was even touching the throttle.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 01:20:34 AM »
had the same problem before i changed my carb over... would bog down then eventually cut out then i would have to spend ages getting her going again... found out it was the slide that wasnt moving thus not allowing fuel into the engine and it cutting it out, since found out it was the diaphram failing to cause a vacuum and allowing the slide to move. but when i changed the carb over for a new one she was fine. did have to use my old jet from the f**k carb because the new one had a #76 (hence why you should keep old parts)

i live in Dereham, Norfolk..NR19 area :D

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 09:09:15 AM »
carb jets for the uk look hear......http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/464/dellorto-jets-box--5mm
the last box set i ordered came in less than 18 hours they do a range...75-98....100-122

if you buy the 75- 98 set you will have the jets ready when you decid to go for an open air filter  ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:14:53 AM by skippy »

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 01:30:26 PM »
So should I start by stripping the carb and cleaning it all diaphragm to see if this helps then if not it will be a new carb I guess :-\ another £35 gahh! That's quite far away haha basically the other side of the UK!

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 02:37:23 PM »
when i first got my agility i striped the carb and spreyed it with carb cleaner to to clean any crap just in case. put it back together then spraid more carb cleaner into the air intake when running. never had a problem. but i would check that jet, check its a 82 jet. see if the problem goes away then. if not then look into other things.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 02:45:23 PM »
Have you thought about throwing some redex in there nothing to lose and im sure others no here will tell you i swear by the stuff the amount of times its bailed me out of running and starting problems, you can get a bottle for about £4 from most supermarkets i add 80ml to 100ml to a full tank, after i have ran the tank down its always improved the running and starting of all my scoots over the years.....
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 03:01:27 PM »
i used a bottle of Redex in the Suzuki intruder, i forgot to drain the 3 year old petrol out of the tank. so i topped her up with fresh petrol and a bottle of redex so i knew that the old petrol wasnt gonna gunk up the fuel system, shes been running fine since.

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 10:01:44 AM »
Yeah I know the amazing stuff after standing it for a while and after finding that white gunk I put a bottle of redex in at the time never bothered to buy anymore though that's my next thing to try then, the strange thing is it worked fine again yesterday! Didn't bog down or cut out once??? Just has its bad days I guess like us all lol, if that doesn't sort it then the carb will be coming apart and sprayed weather it likes it or not!!

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 10:28:24 AM »
Just check & clean the carb slide and the inside of the carb venturi and airfilter hose - no need for expensive high-tech cleaning agents, just get the dust out of there...

With all the information you've given so far, I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't mess around with any other part of your carb until you've tried this...

Especially since you've been driving with an unclamped airfilter hose, I think there's just a few grains of sand in the airhose and venturi, which will keep the slide from sliding smoothly at random moments - and no fuel additive is going to help with that...

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:32:02 AM by mono »

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 01:10:07 PM »
[Especially since you've been driving with an unclamped airfilter hose, I think there's just a few grains of sand in the airhose and venturi, which will keep the slide from sliding smoothly at random moments - and no fuel additive is going to help with that...

[/quote      X2 theres your answear..........kymcos are very picky scoots go threw and make sure everything is tight. and clean.

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 05:47:19 PM »
Ok I will do that tomorrow just spray it with WD40? im guessing, another question which is the carb slide is it the needle what is attached to the diaphragm? yeah everything was tight apart from the air hose on the carb its been running like that since new i guess well the last 2 years ive had it thats how its been :o so maybe its just got a bit hot expanded more and let some dust in?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()