Author Topic: Body Mods and Rims...  (Read 10057 times)

blue

• View Profile
Re: Body Mods and Rims...
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 06:24:57 PM »
cant see the wireing from this pic but here is the switch .

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 07:00:48 PM »
Looks solid enough, and since it's sold as a set for exact this purpose, the wire size and fuse rating should be compatible with each other and with the power source... And since the fuse is only 4 inches from the battery, the short piece of wire in between won't easily rub against metal parts or sharp edges, and all will be fine...

(...must...resist....using...quote....."famous last words"....here... 8) )

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2012, 07:12:09 PM »
thanks do you think it would be better to have the ground wire on the frame of the scoot then the battery.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »
thanks do you think it would be better to have the ground wire on the frame of the scoot then the battery.

Dont think that would matter Blue, just as long as its grounded it should be fine. Prob wouldve been easier to just bolt it to the frame tho instead of running the wire all the way to the battery but its done now so i would leave it.

That light looks cool man. Think i need to mod my headlight soon now  :). Never have liked the stock A50 headlight
Chaos is my co-pilot.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2012, 08:35:02 PM »
I don't like using the frame as a ground conductor, especially not for DC currents as this will promote corrosion, and also because a common ground conductor can lead to all sorts of weird interactions between different parts of a system when a connection somewhere in this ground path starts to fail or isn't as solid as you think...

But that's perhaps because of my experience with the more industrial kind of large systems with all kinds of power and signal transmission going on within the same environment - in the automotive industry however, they seem perfectly happy to sacrifice a bit of transparency for saving cost and weight...

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2012, 08:43:58 PM »
I don't like using the frame as a ground conductor, especially not for DC currents as this will promote corrosion, and also because a common ground conductor can lead to all sorts of weird interactions between different parts of a system when a connection somewhere in this ground path starts to fail or isn't as solid as you think...

But that's perhaps because of my experience with the more industrial kind of large systems with all kinds of power and signal transmission going on within the same environment - in the automotive industry however, they seem perfectly happy to sacrifice a bit of transparency for saving cost and weight...

Im just basing my reasoning on my car really, could be youre right  :-\

Hes done it now direct to the battery anyhow.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2012, 08:50:05 PM »
Dont think that would matter Blue, just as long as its grounded it should be fine. Prob wouldve been easier to just bolt it to the frame tho instead of running the wire all the way to the battery but its done now so i would leave it.

That light looks cool man. Think i need to mod my headlight soon now  :). Never have liked the stock A50 headlight

thanks and thank you mono for your knowlege. I stell have my stock lights I ride at night alot and with deer season comeing up I would like to see theam befor its to late............

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2012, 08:53:17 PM »
with a light that big and bright you wont see any this year, they will see you from a mile off and hide.
looks good blue. what kind of power drain do you get from it?

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 12:41:22 AM »
with a light that big and bright you wont see any this year, they will see you from a mile off and hide.
looks good blue. what kind of power drain do you get from it?

not sure on the power drain yet Im sure ill find out soon enough.If I dont like it Ill take the light off...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 01:06:24 AM »
What is that thing? Some kinda scrawny rabbit?  :D

..lmao...sorta..that's pepper..

..he's a "registered" peek-a-chi...lol..

..dads a chihuahua..moms a pekingese..ever how u spellit..

..he was the only one of th litter that wasnt a big fur-ball...he looked lonely when i went to get him..

..bought him for my oldest girl 4 yrs ago..he's my buddy...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 01:11:09 AM »
..use LED lighting, off the battery, properly rated inline fuse and some kind of switch...

..all automotive dc systems use the frame as "ground"..

..i mean, what other choice is there??
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 05:46:26 AM »
..i mean, what other choice is there??

Twice the amount of wiring  ;D

(twice the cost, twice the weight, but on the other hand less possible interactions between different parts of the system and less corrosion-sensitive spots - but like I said, it's my personal preference due to experience with a different kind of systems, the advantages are mostly theoretical in real life scooter technology  ;D)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:57:00 AM by mono »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 07:08:55 AM »
the advantages are mostly theoretical in real life scooter technology  )

Bingo! I was thinking of posting in this electrical thing but kept thinking it was really in vein. Nice job Blue. Just happy to see a fuse.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 12:46:14 PM »
Dame that light is bright took down some country roads last night .feels funny shining for deer on a scooter lol.....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2012, 05:16:42 PM »
I almost hit a deer last winter. I swear I could feel the breeze of the rear leg as it jumped past. Then I felt like Tom Cruise in "Days of Thunder" when he had to hit the gas thru the smoke.  Just keep straight, and don't panic.
There's a family of squirrels that play in a road around the corner. I've almost hit them too many times to count.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()