Author Topic: Super 8 headlights  (Read 4400 times)

Kerry

• View Profile
Super 8 headlights
« on: May 18, 2009, 04:35:01 PM »
There are 2 small bulbs in the headlight housing near the front of my super 8.  What are they there for?  How do you turn them on?  The dealer didn't know.  They do have wires attached.

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
Re: Super 8 headlights
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 08:58:01 PM »
Hello,

I drive an Agility 125 and I think it is the same thing I have.  Those are the "Euro Spec" turn signal indicators that are not allowed in the US (DOT) so they are disconnected when the US spec turning indicators are installed higher on the handle bars. 

I "re-activated" mine by tying them into the main head light wire (brown wire I think-low beam).  Now they are on all the time and act as marker lights.  You can also tie them into the turning lights so they flash with the US Spec lights...most of the folks on the Buddy Forums are doing this.

Hope that helps.

Be safe

Kerry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 11:22:18 AM »
Thanks a lot.  Is there a connector that I mate or is there cut and splice involved?

Dawsman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 07:37:10 PM »
probably cut and splice. You can use those plastic crimp on connectors that join a wire in with another uncut wire. I forgot what they are called though. Any electronics supply store would know what there called. Later.

mookie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 01:03:52 AM »
Hello,

I drive an Agility 125 and I think it is the same thing I have.  Those are the "Euro Spec" turn signal indicators that are not allowed in the US (DOT) so they are disconnected when the US spec turning indicators are installed higher on the handle bars. 

I "re-activated" mine by tying them into the main head light wire (brown wire I think-low beam).  Now they are on all the time and act as marker lights.  You can also tie them into the turning lights so they flash with the US Spec lights...most of the folks on the Buddy Forums are doing this.

Hope that helps.

Be safe

not to dispute you but i believe those are actually"running" lights common on Euro/Asia scooters and motorcycles.
in some markets the bike/scooter have parking lights that activate when the steering lock is engaged and have a seperate position in the ignition switch for this purpose.
as you are aware the S8 has unused intergrated turn signals built into the tail light and in the front fairing panels.

i took the two small light sockets we are talking and with a couple more i sourced from an old speedometer and installed them into the euro turn signals.it was fairly simple but required the removel of several pieces of plastic to get to the the rear portion. the front was a bit simpler but still the upper had to come apart. worth it for me...

mookie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 01:11:05 AM »

speedy08

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 03:36:29 AM »
I was going to try the same thing on mine, I'll have to make a trip to the auto parts store, how much trouble was it to do your fender elimanator.

mookie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 05:24:18 AM »
THAT Was the easy mod.basically un bolt it!

you lose the tag light for night time riding and you hafta make a tag bracket but it's not difficult stuff.

atellis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 03:17:34 AM »
Mookie,

What kind of socket did you use for the rear turn signal lamps?  My left turn signal just fell off and I think I would feel more comfortable with my turn signals on the inside.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()