Author Topic: Kymco Super 8 150cc..Getting a vibration in the rear 1400 miles  (Read 5236 times)

BrownbagSB

• View Profile
Kymco Super 8 150cc..Getting a vibration in the rear 1400 miles
« on: September 23, 2010, 11:07:10 PM »
I have a Kymco super 8 150. I bought it used with 250 miles on it. I noticed that it had a vibration in the back somwhere, I thought there was an inbalance in the tire, so i put some "Dyna Beads" into the tire, and it helped, but it still vibrates and jumps up and down. Has anyone else had this problem? What should I do? Im thinking about getting a new tire and see if that was the problom, i cant imagine the rim would be bent becuase i have never hit a curb etc..plus arnt those rims cast? Another thing, as i was taking the cvt cover off, there a long black house (about 12" long) and i dont know what it goes back into, i think its just just for airflow but what do you guys think? I can post a video on youtube or post some pics if somebody wants me to, just let me know

Thanks so much guys!!!! Ryan

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco Super 8 150cc..Getting a vibration in the rear 1400 miles
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:23:22 AM »
Sounds like the tyre is either out of round or not seated correctly. If not seated correctly you can let it down and correct it. If the tyre is out of round you can balance it to compensate for it, this will tide you over until you can buy a new one.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 01:24:46 AM »
...used...with 250 on the odometer??

..if so, then that's kilometers...

...what year is your scoot??

..you've either got a really bad tire, or the rear rim is warped would be my guesses...

..pics are always a plus, and vids are frikin awesome!!!

..welcome to th' forum!!.. ;D

..and i think that the key words here are "used", "250" and "but it still vibrates and jumps up and down"...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 01:25:38 AM »
Sounds like the tyre is either out of round or not seated correctly

..i didn't think of that...good possibility too!!!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 01:27:48 AM »
as i was taking the cvt cover off, there a long black house (about 12" long) and i dont know what it goes back into

..what is the approximate diameter of said hose??

:D

BrownbagSB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 05:07:05 AM »
The black hose is about and 1 in diameter, and yes that 250 miles on the odometer, i live in the US.

BrownbagSB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 05:14:28 AM »
Thanks a lot sidthesloth! I should check to see if the tire is seated incorrectly. If that doesnt make a drastic driffrence, I think i might just addTmore dyna beads in that tire since they almost dramticly decreased the vibration to begin with the first time I put them in, maybe that been my problom all along and i just need more weight. I did take the rim off with the tire still on, and took it to a friends house where we put it on a balancer, long story short my rear tire was def out of balance pretty bad but not horrable. good news is though when i have the scooter on the center stand and run it, the tire doesnt wiggle left and right.  Ill take a look at the scooter again tom  and try what you guys have been mentioning. Ill keep you guys up to date....While were on the subject, have guys ever heard of/used dyna beads? I was at a yamaha dealer and I told them the problom I was having and they reccomended them. I just wanted to know you guys think?

Thanks again guys! Ryan
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 05:24:29 AM by BrownbagSB »

BrownbagSB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 05:26:57 AM »
Its a 2009 Kymco super 8 150cc

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 06:21:58 AM »
I have heard of dyna beads, but tgpe bike shop and tyre dealer has not. They do use a powder in the truck tyres. I have been in touch with a bloke in Melbourne who sells them.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 11:51:03 PM »
The black hose is about and 1 in diameter, and yes that 250 miles on the odometer, i live in the US.

..if it protrudes to the left, then it slides in between your plastic and frame somewhere...that tube provides cooling air for the cvt..gets HOT in there...

..most of us here are in the us too!!..lol..all the 50 cc odometers are in kilometers..

..some of the larger scoots can change between the two, if so equipped, but i reckon i've never heard of one that was in miles...

8)

BrownbagSB

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 03:34:49 PM »
Hey guys sorry it took me so long, college is crazy right now. I Put the scooter back together, the vibration is still there, so im going to head to the bike shop again and pick up more of those dyna beads after classes today. Oh! also now i have another problom, when the bike shifts into gear, it jerks forward, like the clutch is engaging really abruptly. It does it only when the bike shifts from neutral to in gear. Any ideas on what it could be?
    Thanks!! Ryan.
  I really appreciate your guys help!

courior

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 10:06:25 AM »
Hi there. The jumpy shifting is most prob the clutch, maybe a spring has got weak/broken so it jumps out too fast?

For the vibration i had exactly the same thing on my new Super 8 125cc.. it was the front of mine tho. The wheel was totally unbalanced and they replaced the wheel/tyre/disc assembly with one from another scooter and its smooth as silk now! If you have a friend with the same scoot maybe swap the wheels and see if it solves it, will save u messing about with other things, and changing a wheel is a 10 min job :)

Hope it helps,

Courior

BrownbagSB

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 12:20:57 AM »
hey thanks so much for the clutch idea! i will deff look at that. Good news i put more dyna beans in my rear tire, and now it runs perfect! no vibration whatsoever! i would high reccomend to anyone who has a tire balancing problom to try Dyna Beads. They really are SWEET! all i godda do is fix that clutch! Looks like ill have my scooter running good again just in time for winter lol (joke)
    Thanks courior!! and everyone else that put in there 2 cents! I really appreciate it!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 01:10:41 AM »
 Looks like ill have my scooter running good again just in time for winter lol (joke)

:-\

..lol..yeah.......bbrrrrr....

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()