Author Topic: Where is the oil line to my 2002 People 50 carb?  (Read 852 times)

jclyo1

• View Profile
Where is the oil line to my 2002 People 50 carb?
« on: October 02, 2020, 03:07:33 PM »
I have a 2002 People 50 2-stroke that i purchased in 2006.  I drove it for 4 years with very little issue.  It's been sitting outside since 2010 (10 years) and i just recently started tinkering with it.  I replaced the ignition coil, cap and spark plug, and cleaned the carb using a VERY good youtube video of a People 50 carb clean as a guide. In pulling out the air box the filter was practically powder, so i just threw it all out (new one on the way).  The carb went back on, i jumped the battery with my car battery, and BAMM!  It was back up and running (oil light on, despite having plenty of oil).  I was so excited, i drove it around for 30 minutes or so with no problem...ran like it was brand new!

The carb clean was exactly as described in the video, except i didn't see an oil line, AT ALL.  I had to disconnect the electric choke, the gas line, the throttle cable...that was it.  It seems to be running great; no excessive smoke, it idles fine, etc.  Like i said, the oil light IS on, but i assume is faulty.

My question: How DOES my engine get oil, and how can i confirm it's working properly??

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 03:26:32 PM by jclyo1 »

eamartin

• View Profile
Re: Where is the oil line to my 2002 People 50 carb?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 12:55:51 AM »
Not familiar with this model, but...there should be an oil line running down from the oil tank to the oil pump.  There should be another line from the pump to...maybe the intake manifold.  Check this out and get back to us.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()