Author Topic: HELP! Fuel/Vacuum Line Routing?  (Read 8386 times)

Ricfratt

• View Profile
HELP! Fuel/Vacuum Line Routing?
« on: June 04, 2020, 07:36:57 PM »
Anyone know where the vacuum line from the fuel filter/valve on the People 50 2T should route to?  Here is a pic of the valve and missing vacuum line.

Also how about the large vent hose from the plastic head cover (2nd picture), where does the other end attach?
NorCal surfer with 2, as yet running Kymco People 50's

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: HELP! Fuel/Vacuum Line Routing?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 10:26:47 PM »
The large vent hose I believe can go anywhere out of the way.

The only vacuum line I am aware of that should go the the fuel system would be the fuel pump vacuum which should attach to the intake manifold between the carb and the engine.

If you are referring to the fuel line that goes from the fuel filter to the carb, it should slide onto a hose barb at the bottom of the carb bowl.
Become the best you can with what you have.

Ricfratt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 11:41:56 PM »
The large vent hose I believe can go anywhere out of the way.

The only vacuum line I am aware of that should go the the fuel system would be the fuel pump vacuum which should attach to the intake manifold between the carb and the engine.

If you are referring to the fuel line that goes from the fuel filter to the carb, it should slide onto a hose barb at the bottom of the carb bowl.

Thanks TBR.  The pic of the fuel filter didn't come through but there are 4 lines, fuel line from tank, fuel line to carb, vent line (?) to carb and the unconnected vacuum port. But I can't find anywhere for it to connect to.  Was hoping someone had a pic.  The vac line pic in the manual doesn't really show it.

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 11:57:58 PM »
I am certain that is not a fuel filter. Take a look at this topic there is a picture partway down that shows the fuel filter and also the fuel pump which is what you have a picture of.

https://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7013.0

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 12:00:54 AM »
That is definitely a vacuum operated fuel pump. Which means you you will have a fuel line to the carb, a vacuum line to the engine intake and a fuel line to the tank. The 4th line could be going to an emission device such as a vacuum operated air injector.

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 12:13:41 AM »
Here are the labeled hoses. The hose barb on your fuel pump that doesn't have a hose on it is the fuel line from the fuel filter.

Ricfratt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 12:35:43 AM »
Okay, so I just looked at another People 50 and there is no hose coming from that 4th nipple.  So I guess it's extra?  Of course this other scooter doesn't run either.  I just added clean gas, hooked up jumper box to the battery, and tried to fire it.  No joy.  Cranks and cranks but won't fire.  Checked spark again and it's getting fuel to to the plug. Checked compression again, not super high (115 psi) but i think it should still at least fire up. >:( >:( >:(

I guess there's a reason these were free.  I guess to the bottom of the river they go.

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 12:40:23 AM »
Where are you? I hate to see an old scoot go.

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 12:41:49 AM »
That 4th hose barb is your fuel line from the tank. How are you getting fuel at the plug when there is no fuel hose on the fuel pump?

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 12:59:50 AM »
You are close to having it running if it already cranks. That's better than my scooter right now.

Ricfratt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 04:23:12 AM »
You are close to having it running if it already cranks. That's better than my scooter right now.

The thicker hose entering the left of the valve is from the fuel tank. The one on top is fuel to the carb and the smaller one below that is the vapor return.  Here's another pic.

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 02:00:00 PM »
If you are getting fuel then that routing apparently works. Just looks different than a lot of other fuel pump routing I've seen.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()