Author Topic: Aftermarket exhaust question...what does this thing do?  (Read 1145 times)

cakeod

• DavidSEMAJ
    • View Profile
Aftermarket exhaust question...what does this thing do?
« on: May 13, 2020, 05:41:42 PM »
I just installed a LeoVince TT exhaust on my People 50 2T and I'm trying to figure out what to do with this part that was previously attached to the stock exhaust (See attachment).  There doesn't seem to be anywhere to attach it to the new exhaust. 

I feel like such a noob because I can't figure it out.  When I googled the part number it came up as a reed valve assembly, but its not connected to the engine at all.  I couldn't find any info on it in the service manual. The tube runs to the front of the scooter.  The scooter seems to run fine without it hooked up to the exhaust, so I'm wondering how important it is. Anyone know what the function is and if it is needed or not?  Is it just emissions equipment? Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 05:52:40 PM by cakeod »

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Aftermarket exhaust question...what does this thing do?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 06:54:51 PM »
It is a one way valve that prevents reversed exhaust flow. Depending on your exhaust geometry it is required. If your new exhaust doesn't have a mount point for it then you should be fine leaving the reed valve out.
Become the best you can with what you have.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()