Author Topic: Jetting on People50 2t Polini 70cc kit?  (Read 1205 times)

Parkmice

• View Profile
Jetting on People50 2t Polini 70cc kit?
« on: May 10, 2020, 12:09:31 AM »
Hi,

I need advice. I just finished bolting on a Polini 70cc big bore kit on my buddy's 2004 People50 2t.

We are running the stock 14mm carb, stock exhaust, stock airbox (I'm pulling the snorkel). We are in Seattle so we are at sea level and have a lot of hills (no more than 500 feet in elevation).

Running Malossi Multivar with the white contra spring and 9 gram rollers that came in the kit.

I have Kehin jets in 90, 88, 85, and 82. The stock jet was 75.

Anyone want to venture some advice and save me some work?

Thanks,

-Mark

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Jetting on People50 2t Polini 70cc kit?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 01:14:05 AM »
I am not highly experienced with 50cc bikes so don't rely on this info heavily, disclaimer over. Changing the airbox has a drastic effect on air and fuel usage. As you are leaving it stock I would recommend an 82 main and check the spark plug to jet from there. May need the 85 for the final. Remember the pilot jet may need an up-jet of a lesser degree if that carb has a pilot.

My 2 cents shared.
Become the best you can with what you have.

Parkmice

• View Profile
Re: Jetting on People50 2t Polini 70cc kit?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 03:21:20 AM »
Thanks, TBR! At least someone offered some help.

Stock jetting was 35 pilot & 75 main. I ended up at 45 pilot and 95 main because I had a loose exhaust baffle so I threw a LeoVince Touring exhaust into the mix.

I'm leaving this post in case someone else comes through looking for jetting advice in a similar situation.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()