Author Topic: Tools for Kymco People 50 2t  (Read 958 times)

alana.c.weaver

• View Profile
Tools for Kymco People 50 2t
« on: March 31, 2020, 03:42:55 PM »
Pardon hi I brought Ryboi 1/2 Cordless Impact Wrench and I don’t know where to get attachments to remove the crank cover and replace my variator and belt. Or do I need different set of tools? My scooter had stopped on me while I was riding (similar to transmission going out on vehicle) the scooter would accelerate when I twisted the throttle. I’m trying to replace the belt and variator but I need to get the cover removed. What attachments do I need for impact wrench? I didn’t see much at Home Depot and employee tried to recommend the Husky Deep Socket but I do not believe those will fit on Ryboi Impact Wrench

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Tools for Kymco People 50 2t
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 03:56:23 PM »
You will find it helpful to watch several scooter belt change videos on youtube.

You'll need a small wrench or socket set to remove the belt cover....then your impact gun can remove the forward pulley nut, and the rear clutch nut.
You'll need a holding tool to refit this larger 2 nuts - as your impact gun could easily overtighten and strip them.

If this is your first belt-change-rodeo, seek assistance from a local scooter person - or watch a whole bunch of the belt change videos to see what you'll need to do....and the kind of tools you'll need.

Ask as many questions here as you need to....we're not going anywhere right now :)

Stig
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 03:58:05 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()