Author Topic: Upgrade Options for 2011 People 50 4T  (Read 2122 times)

cakeod

• DavidSEMAJ
    • View Profile
Upgrade Options for 2011 People 50 4T
« on: June 28, 2018, 06:02:12 PM »
I recently acquired a 2011 People 50 4T (US version) from a friend who moved out of state and was wondering what upgrades were out there.  I'm not expecting much performance from a little 50cc, but it's in my nature to tinker with all of my vehicles, so I can't just leave it stock  ;D .

Where would you guys recommend starting down the path of upgrading?

I was thinking about starting with an unrestricted CDI, but I wasn't sure which one to get for a 4T.  The only one that I can seem to find that says its for a 4T and DC is this one:
www.scooterdynasty.com/cdinarakuracingfor50cc-125cc4-strokekymcoscooters.aspx
It seems like its a lot more expensive than most other unrestricted CDIs out there, do you guys know if there are better and/or cheaper options out there that I could use?

I assume that an unrestricted variator boss and different weights/springs would be a good upgrade as well.  What parts would you recommend using on this particular scooter?

Any recommendations for exhausts or air filters?  I know changing these around would probably require a re-jet and a tune, but I figured those would be good mods to do before I go all out and upgrade to 80cc or something.

Peopless50

• View Profile
Re: Upgrade Options for 2011 People 50 4T
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 08:40:13 PM »
This is a bit late answer, but all GY6 parts are ok.  It will get more horsepower from a bigger cylinder and cylinder head.  Everything must be from the same system. Original cylinder head cannot be used(69mm valves). A better camshaft can be added.  Good thing in Kymco People is these big wheels, they handle much better than 12 or 13 inch wheels. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()