Author Topic: Storage compartment lock  (Read 848 times)

powl4evr

• View Profile
Storage compartment lock
« on: January 27, 2016, 09:50:39 PM »
Hi all, has anybody replaced the keyed lock on the "dash" compartment with a combination key/push button lock.  That is the one thing that is really annoying about this scooter.  It would be really nice being able to access the compartment without having to shut off the scooter.  If so i would really appreciate the info so i could purchase a couple of that type of lock.

Thanks

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Re: Storage compartment lock
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 04:24:39 AM »
I thought about it years ago as I leave my garage door remote in the dash box. The topcase is just as annoying.

One solution that has been talked about is to have a copy of the key made and leave it in the lock while riding. Another is to fashion a low profile mount at the base of the key so it does protrude out too far to hit your knees.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Storage compartment lock
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 12:34:48 PM »
Here at the Home what we do is drill a hole in four of 'em....then put a rubber band through and hang 'em from the bag hook.
Digging out moon pies from the locked glove box while sailing down a busy street on a scooter is what put Roy on crutches. Light turned green whilest he was still a'coasting and a'digging in the glove box.
We made a DIY utoob of the MP hanging procedure,  and Roy. :)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()