Author Topic: Head gasket issue  (Read 1144 times)

nightriderrv

• Ride all the time !!!!
    • View Profile
Head gasket issue
« on: October 06, 2013, 01:59:49 PM »
I got a 100 CC big bore kit all the parts look great nice and clean, I installed everything like it should but when I set the cam in place after putting on the chain I seen it would not seat correct and would stay raised on the far side of the chain. Took the head back off and seen the gasket in the kit was a thicker style and not like the metal gasket that was on the motor from the factory. I don't want to put stress on the chain when I tighten this all down but will this gasket compress to the correct size it does look like it has a sealing bead around the edges. I did put the metal gasket in place and it all fit correct but the bore hole is for the old jug size could this metal gasket be modified to fit the bore size I have now and will it work.

Well being it was a metal head gasket I matched it up to the new gasket in the kit traced a sharpie mark on the metal and trimed it out. The metal gaskets are tough, the way I seen it that it was going to work or not work and leak it worked so for it's fine with the mod done but I will get a new one and replace it but it's got the bike running again an judging by the compression from kick starting it the gasket is holding good. Thanks for pointing out the typo but it's a 50MM bore
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 03:52:30 AM by nightriderrv »
2007 Agility 50 4T KG10SA
52MM Hoca BBK
Big valve head
24mm Keihin
102.5 jet
UNI filter
Aftermarket exhaust
Malossi Multivar
6g Malossi rollers
Stock clutch & white Malossi contra spring
Primary transmission gear up 18/50