Author Topic: Yager battery  (Read 7037 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Yager battery
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 07:25:49 PM »
I just filled / recharged another of those "sealed" 7ah batteries yesterday. Works fine after 3hr. @ 2.2 amps. Like all the others it was bone dry.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 11:28:58 PM »
What are you doing with the restored batteries Zombie.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 11:45:26 PM »
I sell them to the North Koreans. They use them to train monkey guards in child  labor camps. Don't tell PETA! They'll be pissed about the monkeys.

No not really... Most scoots that come to me are in trucks. The first thing is pull the plug, and get a battery on it to see what I have. So I have a few "house" batteries to test with, and MOST times I can salvage the customers battery,and let it charge while I fix the scoot. It saves them the cost of a battery. I charge about 5 bucks for the acid depending on size.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 11:09:51 PM »
It's OK with me if you sell them to the N. Koreans, just make certain you fill them with pxss.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 11:39:48 PM »
Those monkeys are tough. Takes more than a little pee to keep their attention.
Don't really care about the child laborers tho... We ALL need sneakers/t shirts.

ailixhomes

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 04:15:30 PM »
Yager Battery have been consider as a best things for every two wheeler as well as mopeds. It  is to be denoted as a best option to run your vehicles smoothly because of its good performance.

kerllycrueaz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 06:10:24 PM »
KYMCO is a company which is make a scooter or bikes. It is Taiwanese company. Yager battery is a part of this. You can recharge the bike or scooter with the help of it.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 09:21:46 PM »
Update: Battery finally died. So, with nothing to lose I prised off the "DO NOT OPEN" strip and it was 6 little tubular caps exposing six cell that were dry as a bone. Topped with distilled water and put on charge for a day, reinstalled and again have a reliable 200i. Word to the wise: I should have done this a long time ago before the cells got dried up since now max sustained after charging volts is only 12.6 after the surface charge disappears. This means new battery before winter. I checked my wife's Buddy 150 which has had no problem and it was almost dry so I topped it with distilled water and charged and it would sustain 12.9 volts. So remove the "DO NOT OPEN" thingy and put some water in your battery!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 06:46:36 PM »
At the "DRY" stage I fill with new battery acid. A one gallon box costs about 10.00. For maintenance use distilled water.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2012, 10:50:29 PM »
Yeah, zomb, but you are workin' a shop and it pays to have some 1.350 acid in a box! Word here about "topping": I think that just over the fiber mat is enough, don't you?

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 03:36:12 AM »
Agreed... For maintenance topping it of with water is best. Most of the chemicals do not evaporate. But a bone dry batt. can be saved with new electrolyte.

Covelivn

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 09:37:49 AM »
Those of you with battery experience. What would be your suggestions for how often (or milage) to check the battery fluid? I have one Yager almost a year old with 5400 miles and a brand new one that has not had it's first oil change. I have a charging cable on the older one and have ordered a cable for the new one. It amazes me that these batteries can take a little charging after sitting for a week and God help you it the mit in light stays on over nite.
I wasn't born in Florida but I got here as soon as I could.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 07:37:56 PM »
Cove, I would recommend you check the battery in the old one NOW. If it looks dry, that is, the white separators visible between dark plate tops, add just enough distilled water to make the separators look wet and no more. Then check in a month to see what it looks like. Let it go for two months for the next check if they are still wet. Start looking for a new battery if you have to "wet" it every month. I think mine worked for about a year before it acted up. Its life could have been extended had I checked it sooner.

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Covelivn

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 02:51:17 PM »
Thanks Karl, I will follow your advice.

Covelivn

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 05:23:58 PM »
Karl, you were so right about those batteries. The 1&1/2 yr old 150 only had water visible in two cells and the almost 1 yr old Yager needed water added. Decided to check every 3000 miles or 6 months.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()