Author Topic: Resolved: Loss of power, loss of acceleration Yager 200i  (Read 1083 times)

YagerMySter

• View Profile
Resolved: Loss of power, loss of acceleration Yager 200i
« on: February 09, 2019, 02:36:32 AM »
I had a loss of acceleration and power on my 2012 Yager 200i GT.  The bike was running very well in general and starting great.  On a 30 plus degree upgrade, I could not accelerate well and it was wide open throttle just to maintain 45 MPH on an incline.  Something just did not feel right.

As I took the seat and box off to inspect the spark plug, I noticed that the tube connected to the air filter box was crimped to the point of maybe restricting the airflow to about 50 percent (or more).  I was happy to find it.  I twisted the hose so that the crimp was removed.  I reassembled the seat and took it for a spin.  It was like a new bike.  No more worries.  Good acceleration and the fun was back.

It was my fault.  I was inspecting the air filter months ago before the weather turned cold and when I reattached the tube to the air box, I twisted it and created the crimp in the tube.  It was very difficult to notice from below or looking directly at the airbox from the side.  The cold weather didn't help.

Maybe this will help someone.  The engine needs to breath!
I did it and I'm glad.

Wil B.

• View Profile
Re: Resolved: Loss of power, loss of acceleration Yager 200i
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 12:11:52 PM »
Thanks YagerMySter good info!
-WIL B.
Wil B.

2010 Kymco Yager 200
2004 Ktmco Super 9
2014 Honda CTX
"I am not a number. I'm a FREE MAN!"