Author Topic: The Good, The Bad and The Gold  (Read 2704 times)

Scootaloot

• View Profile
The Good, The Bad and The Gold
« on: April 19, 2012, 02:00:46 AM »
Picked up my new scooter yesterday :). Rode her 96 miles home on back roads and should have been ticketed for excessive grinning. The bike feels very planted to the road but at stops feels 50 lbs. lighter than my old BV250. The acceleration is sport bike like. I told my wife that I will most likely get my second lifetime ticket while riding this scoot. The brakes and lights function well. There is a bit of roughness at the moment of launching which I hope goes away. The idle wasn't glass smooth nor rough but felt right. It isn't like riding an electric appliance. Having bought her sight unseen I think she will be a great ride for a long time. The storage is pretty limited but the little deflector does more than you would think and I may ride a bit without a wind screen and add a larger trunk first. The seat isn't as comfy as my old scoot but that can be remedied. The Gold may become an acquired taste atleast I will be seen ;)

Oldscoot

• View Profile
Re: The Good, The Bad and The Gold
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 01:08:18 PM »
Congratulations on your new 300.  The bike will grow smother with more miles on it.  It's a great machine and IMHO bridges the gap between a traditional scooter and a mid-sized motorcycle.  Ride safely.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 01:32:23 PM »
Picked up my new scooter yesterday :). Rode her 96 miles home on back roads and should have been ticketed for excessive grinning. The bike feels very planted to the road but at stops feels 50 lbs. lighter than my old BV250. The acceleration is sport bike like.

;D ;D ;D
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
glad you like your new scoot
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 05:50:39 PM »
I hope it wears in and smooths out to your satisfaction.
Post more when you get some extended time in the saddle.
Ride safe, boo.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Wanderer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »
Great !  :)  It should "smooth" out on the acceleration as you put some miles on it.  Mine did.  Enjoy ! :) :)

Scootaloot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 12:10:36 PM »
Checked my speedometer with a GPS yesterday and much to my surprise it is only about 2-3mph optimistic 8) My BV250 was about 10% optimistic and our People150 is just a tad better than the BV. I did get a few looks at lights and guys are trying to figure out what is it? Naming her will be tough as the BV was "Flavia" for Flavia Penetta the tennis player "a nice Italian girl" Suggestions are welcomed :)

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »
Picked up my new scooter yesterday :). Rode her 96 miles home on back roads and should have been ticketed for excessive grinning. The bike feels very planted to the road but at stops feels 50 lbs. lighter than my old BV250. The acceleration is sport bike like. I told my wife that I will most likely get my second lifetime ticket while riding this scoot. The brakes and lights function well. There is a bit of roughness at the moment of launching which I hope goes away. The idle wasn't glass smooth nor rough but felt right. It isn't like riding an electric appliance. Having bought her sight unseen I think she will be a great ride for a long time. The storage is pretty limited but the little deflector does more than you would think and I may ride a bit without a wind screen and add a larger trunk first. The seat isn't as comfy as my old scoot but that can be remedied. The Gold may become an acquired taste atleast I will be seen ;)

It will get smoother, but never like your BV250.
You'll get used to it quickly.

It'll be a bit louder too.
And backfire.
And you'll love it.
 ;D
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Luparo46

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 06:01:36 PM »
Just picked up my brand new GT 300i! Looks like euro turn signals aren't there.... no sockets or bulbs behind lens. Very cool blue led running lights below them though. Takes away some of my disappointment at not being able to activate euro turn signals.

Seat could be more comfortable. That and my short height makes the seat even more uncomfortable at stops. Local auto upholsterer willing to recontour seat and use some different foam, thereby lowering saddle height and increasing comfort, all for about $100 USD. Thinking about it and will post if I get it done.

Great riding scoot on first impression. Got it in gold and love the color!

Will post more impressions as I ride it more.

Also, my dealer loaded the PDF service manual on my thumb drive at no charge!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()