Author Topic: Turn signal mods?  (Read 2262 times)

full of days

• View Profile
Turn signal mods?
« on: January 08, 2012, 05:48:16 PM »
Anyone have a DIY on US to euro front signal mod?  Pics of the front end assembly would be ideal

Oldscoot

• View Profile
Re: Turn signal mods?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »
Me dealer thinks - based upon a quick visual - that the front turn signals can be simply rewired to operate as the  rear - that is - the LEDs in the front will blink like the rear signals.  If that is the case the wiring should be fairly easy.  Getting to the wiring might be a pain.   

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 10:25:05 AM »
I ride a 300i downtown Iwas instaling hid lights & noted that signal lights both wires were connected to ground so nip off one wire & connect to positive wire from mirror , oh change lite to led , I think, very light wire in mirror, ?

golden hawk   300i downtown 2011  ottawa on. canada

bobofgsm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 03:47:15 PM »
I'm going to give it a try on my Downtown 300i. I will let the forum know how it works out. Maybe pictures too.

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 04:43:58 PM »
I ride a 300i downtown Iwas instaling hid lights & noted that signal lights both wires were connected to ground so nip off one wire & connect to positive wire from mirror , oh change lite to led , I think, very light wire in mirror, ?

golden hawk   300i downtown 2011  ottawa on. canada
How did you wire your hid's? Did you install both hi and low beam? JUst interested in how other people do theirs. I installed both hi and low and rewired my low beams to stay on all the time.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 03:24:48 PM »
I installed high & low hid lights I  had to cut the wires near the lights to get the wires through the rubber seals,   soldered smooth as posable, taped wires big time , used cable ties to tie everything under the front clip (around the headlights)  power  direct  to the battery , the original wires used for high & low beam relays, & I hooked the leds around the high beam & old turn signals to the running  lights, thats it for now, both can be hooked to the turn signals,. I will try both ways to see if I like it,.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()