Poll

Why does my people 50 stall while in full throttle??

bad fuel filter
0 (0%)
leak in fuel line
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: People 50 2004 stalling (2 stroke)  (Read 1025 times)

gouliegirl

• View Profile
People 50 2004 stalling (2 stroke)
« on: March 01, 2011, 09:03:32 PM »
My 2004 People 50 has been stalling on me. Sometimes it happens at red lights but more recently has stalled on me while I had it at full throttle. Last time this happened my husband, aka mechanic, said it was running too lean and I had to add more oil to the gas tank when I fueled up (2 stroke). I didnt realize I had to add oil since the bike has its own oil tank (which never seems to go down much). He did some spark plug cleaning and decided to put in a new iridium plug. Been smoking more when I start up cause of the extra oil that I've been adding. Been running great for last 2 weeks.
Today while I was going about 55K/ph the bike stalled again. I could not get it to start again and had to leave it to get help. Usually, I can stick my finger completely up the choke hole to start it but not anymore!! I was told by a biker friend that my fuel line could have a crack from dry rought  (live in S FL) so air could be mixing. Also, the fuel filter might need to be cleaned. Not sure, myself. Please Help!!!
???

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: People 50 2004 stalling (2 stroke)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 11:59:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum.....
There is alot of good info stored in here... ;)
I dont have a ppl but i had the same thing happen to me but mine was a 2-fold problem..
You need to check for air leak aroung the cyl. head, by starting it up(after you remove the fan shroud) and spraying some carb cleaner around the head gasket,etc.. (spray everywhere).. If you have a change in rpm's or it dies, you have an air leak there...
Also i think your petcock has died on you.. My issue was the petcock.. they are vaccum fed, so your ppl are close about a line... Replace your petcock and i think you'll be ok, providing you dont have an air leak..  ;)
 Hope this helps you some... keep us posted...  ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

gouliegirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »
Petcock working fine. Didnt check for the air leak around cyl yet. looks like it may have been a filter crumbling problem.
Thanks again. This site is awesome.

KymcoGuy50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 06:52:38 AM »
Petcock working fine. Didnt check for the air leak around cyl yet. looks like it may have been a filter crumbling problem.
Thanks again. This site is awesome.
That can happen if your carb sucks in filter chunks.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()