Author Topic: Rear wheel collar  (Read 655 times)

brianmckewen

• View Profile
Rear wheel collar
« on: March 22, 2022, 06:23:12 PM »
Hey gang. I lost my rear wheel nut and the collar off my scooter. Not on tight enough I suppose. Makes me mad. Anyway, I bought another nut but I can't find another collar. Have tried quite a few places online but no one has one. Part number 42312-KHB4-900. If any of you guys have one please let me know. I would like to buy it from you. If not, do you think I could replace it with washers? Smaller ones to put in first, then a larger one on the outside followed by the nut. Let me know gang, and thanks. Brian.
2009 Kymco People S200
2022 Honda Navi
2022 Honda ADV 150

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Rear wheel collar
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 07:25:35 PM »
Hope it didn't come off while riding! I know a dealer can order the parts for you, mine just ordered an exhaust valve and washer that goes under the valve spring for me. Do you have a local dealer?
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 07:47:56 PM »
@Brian yes, from technical point of view it would provisorical work with washers, IF they fit properly and there is no lateral and axial play, because this piece is a simple sleeve.
-BUT it covers your bearing too and there might be undesired movement, which is not feasable on that spot.
-First I would try to get this part from my dealer as hawk says,
-then, IF not available or backorder I would go to a workshop with a lathe and ask a guy to make me one to fit.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 07:52:18 PM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

brianmckewen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 05:43:24 PM »
Yup. It came off when I was riding. Smelled burnt plastic. The rear wheel was wobbling just enough that it would rub on the rear plastic wheel cover. It still rode well enough. Ironically I work at a factory with a machine shop that could make the part but they are not allowed to. Rats. I finally got hold of a human at Solano cycles in Florida. I had trouble with their website last rear also. Will not let me put in what kind of card I am using. Visa, mastercard, etc. I had to email all the info to them, same as last year. Hopefully they will have it. She said it would come from a Kymco warehouse. Everywhere else I tried did not have the part. This weekend I will try the washer experiment until it comes in. In theory it should work. Of course in theory the earth is flat. We shall see. Thank you gentlemen. Wish me luck.
2009 Kymco People S200
2022 Honda Navi
2022 Honda ADV 150

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 06:41:39 PM »
Brian, just be sure to have a pretty tight fit with your washers, not to demage your wheel bearing and as a follow up your gear.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 09:30:36 PM »
funny, I'm still waiting on my full gasket and o-ring set for my motor from Solano cycle. Same issue with their website...you can fill out all your info but it won't let you enter you credit card info..frustrating. You have to email them your order. I ordered on Feb 10th or so...received an email 2 days later saying the order was coming in to them and they'd send me shipping info...4 weeks later I called them up and they said they're still working on the order and would get me the shipping info..nothing for the pat week. Starting to think I should have gone to my local dealer rather than being lazy and doing it online with Solano. the few dollars I saved have now cost me weeks of additional down time.
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 04:01:28 PM »
brianmckewen - did you ever get your part order so you can be back riding?
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix

brianmckewen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2022, 02:14:35 PM »
Yes. I got the collar finally. I made my own out of two washers JB welded together but never used it. I will save it as a spare. I had tons of trouble with the Salano store in Florida. The web sight does not except credit cards but they do receive the order. They just don't do anything with it until you call them and give them the credit info. I did not want to use them because of many issues in the past but could not find a collar anywhere else. The people there are very nice but are extremely busy and disorganized. All is well now. Yay! I bought the first Honda Navi available in my town so I had something to ride while I waited.
2009 Kymco People S200
2022 Honda Navi
2022 Honda ADV 150

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2022, 02:44:06 PM »
Hey, you go a new Navi? What do you think of it? Have you put a few miles on it?  Riding impressions?
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix

brianmckewen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2022, 02:27:48 AM »
Yup. Bought one of only two my dealer got in. $1807.00. Another $900 to get it out the door. Destination fee, $400.00. Tags, title, taxes and insurance. Still good I think for a brand new Honda. I love it. Not as speedy as my kymco but of course is only 109cc. Plenty fast enough up to 40 mph. Still beat the cars out of the stop (green) lights. Fun as hell. Has a nice little box for vitals and such. Have rewired it for dc lights instead of ac, like I did with my Kymco, thanks to you. Also replaced the left handle bar parking brake with a regular lever like a regular scooter, just to keep things straight in my mind when braking. I kept the right rear foot brake pedal as is. Easier to just let it be. Have put 300 trouble free miles on it. Did an oil and rear oil change, and checked the valves. They did not need adjustment yet, suprisingly. Will check again around 1000 miles. I am very pleased with it. It does everything I need it to do and is a fun ride. I highly recommend it.
2009 Kymco People S200
2022 Honda Navi
2022 Honda ADV 150

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()