Author Topic: Which. Scooter Do You Ride Most?  (Read 1616 times)

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
Which. Scooter Do You Ride Most?
« on: May 13, 2017, 04:43:01 PM »
For those blessed with more than one scooter; which one do you ride most and why? As some know I ride an 03 Honda Silverwing and despite the fact that I absolutely love my SW, the scooter I ride the most is my 05 Kymco BW 250. There's something irrestible about riding a smaller scooter that finds me going for the Kymco keys nearly every time. When I contemplated that I'd be riding over a hundred miles today , I considered that the SW was faster, more comfortable and has more onboard storage for clip board, overalls, flashlight etc., I still went for the Kymco.

I'm totally blown away by my BW. It's such a powerful little scooter as it can easily run down the road at 70, feeling very solid and planted at high speeds and is equally adept at in town riding at slower speeds. Think I found a true winner when I bought this 5 months ago.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 04:44:58 PM by Scooter Dan »
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
Re: Which. Scooter Do You Ride Most?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 04:46:55 PM »
A few pics of today's ride around East Texas doing construction bids.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 09:04:16 PM »
Just passed 12,000 miles on the LIKE200i - 5600 & change on the Burgman. The Burgman does the longer highway outings....but the LIKE200i is ridden daily - weather permitting.
It is just a whole lot easier to ride in the city. No contest.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 01:03:45 AM »
I ride my Helix more often. I use it as my primary transportation so I need something that can equally do the highway and backroads with a trip to the grocery store thrown in. But my People is just fun! I love the sound of that 150 at 50mph. Its like a bicycle on mega steroids.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 01:01:12 PM »
Just passed 12,000 miles on the LIKE200i - 5600 & change on the Burgman. The Burgman does the longer highway outings....but the LIKE200i is ridden daily - weather permitting.
It is just a whole lot easier to ride in the city. No contest.
Stig

Tom, you and I are in similar situations with a large Maxiscooter and smaller upright scoot for urban use. Ever since I dabbled with this notion, first with my PS200 and now with the BW, I'm so happy I did. I think though I'm going to start looking at larger top boxes for my BW as mine is micro size and barely big enough for my needs which offers little storage if I'm also picking up groceries and such.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 01:02:45 PM by Scooter Dan »

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 01:22:24 PM »
I ride my Helix more often. I use it as my primary transportation so I need something that can equally do the highway and backroads with a trip to the grocery store thrown in. But my People is just fun! I love the sound of that 150 at 50mph. Its like a bicycle on mega steroids.

Kinda nice having both options available Mr. Paul. Yesterday's ride was glorious as I left the house at 8 and got back at 5 and allot of that time was spent riding multi counties north and south. Yesterday I was on the clock doing bids but didn't feel like working. Love conducting business from my scooter and always gets a smile from my clients.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 07:08:16 PM »
Tom, you and I are in similar situations with a large Maxiscooter and smaller upright scoot for urban use. Ever since I dabbled with this notion, first with my PS200 and now with the BW, I'm so happy I did. I think though I'm going to start looking at larger top boxes for my BW as mine is micro size and barely big enough for my needs which offers little storage if I'm also picking up groceries and such.
Dan, the Bestem 929 box is: large, lighted and inexpensive.
I really really like the added rear visibility this box gives me at night and during the day. ....with its DRL and brake lights.
Don't fill it with canned goods or sacrete!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 08:41:40 PM »
Kinda nice having both options available Mr. Paul. Yesterday's ride was glorious as I left the house at 8 and got back at 5 and allot of that time was spent riding multi counties north and south. Yesterday I was on the clock doing bids but didn't feel like working. Love conducting business from my scooter and always gets a smile from my clients.
[/quote

I think it is a great marketing technique to do bids from your scooter. It really helps to differentiate yourself from the pack!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 02:46:16 AM »
I ride my Super 8 more often than my Majesty and 2 motorcycles combined.  But it's mostly just short rides around town.  Mileage wise I put more per year on my Majesty.  This year I might actually have more on the Super 8 since I just did a 900+ mile trip on it.  IMO you just can't beat a small scooter for short trips around town.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 05:36:45 AM »
Of late it's been the SYM HD200; albeit the big burger's being worked on right now.\

Overall miles, the burger wins usually.  Hours?  Last year probably my S200, but it was close.
This year probably the HD since I no longer have the S.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 12:56:55 PM »
Don't fill it with canned goods or sacrete!
Stig

Now that's funny, sacrete. Can't say though I've never overloaded one. Easy to do on the big guys. Had an inspiring thought yesterday. Buy the proper Givi mounting plate for my Give V46 top box that's on my SW and mount on the Kymco. That way I can move the box back and forth. I love that box.

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 03:55:47 PM »
Unlike all you rich guys, I can only afford one scooter, but having owned two Silver Wings and two Kymco's, a 250 Xciting and now the DT 300, I would say that the all fit a niche. The SW's for long haul touring. The 250 for shorter trips, but the DT300 is able to fill both needs. Rode it yesterday on the interstate for about 100 miles, at about 70 mph and it handled it, no sweat. Because the SW is about 150 pounds heavier and has more leg room, it would have handled it a little better, but for the money, the DT 300 is all I need. Just my thoughts.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 08:43:04 PM »
I'd say the ones I enjoy the most are my B650's for the comfort and storage. My '03 with the Corbin seat is pretty comfy. The '09 has a Bazazz fuel controller with the Yoshi exhaust and is fun to manually shift just bouncing off the rev limiter before shifting, it sounds really cool. The '06 is nice for cruising and when I need the extra storage of the top case. The MyRoad I like riding for it being different (often people in front think its a cop bike coming up from behind) but I need to do something with the seat, even so I ride it often. The Aprilia I can't ride until I get the registration sorted with the state.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 12:27:56 PM »
Got to hand it to those who have more than two scooters...don't know how you keep all your ladies happy?

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 01:00:20 AM »
Got to hand it to those who have more than two scooters...don't know how you keep all your ladies happy?

Simple she has her own HD, that doesn't get ridden nearly as much but is a bit less beat than mine.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()