Author Topic: Any idea why my new Agility +16 (125, 2017 modell) has become so lazy?  (Read 900 times)

akkilainen

• View Profile
Hey guys,

When I got my agility the acceleration was nice and torque was too. But, after like 200 kilometers it started to lose kind of power and the sound is different too. It sounds lazy and not so energetic like before. I went to the dealer, they say it is normal as the engine breaks in and there are small parts inside that are now mixed with the oil or some sh** like that. But, now i changed the oil after 300 kilometers on both engine and gearbox, and if something, it has gone only worse.

Before it got to say 50 kilometers per hour quickly and easily, now it takes longer time and it just feels really powerless. If I have 50 kilometers per hour and I go to full throttle quickly for just a small period, I cannot feel any acceleration. Before I did.

So I doubt it is the small pieces anymore.

And yeah, all the "you have ridden it wrong during your break in" answers are welcome for sure, let them just roll in.

But if there is anyone who might know from experience perhaps what is going on, please reach out.

Peace.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Any idea why my new Agility +16 (125, 2017 modell) has become so lazy?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 07:23:27 PM »
Where ever you are located, there seem to be an abundance of ignorant "mechanics!" The experience here is they get perkier as they wear in. Now, in fairness, there IS a phenomenon with new riders to become accustomed to the acceleration forces and think that the machine has lost some pep. An experienced rider not so much. I would say from your description your machine is likely suffering a problem. It will take careful analysis to determine what is causing it. I doubt your dealer tech will be able to do it. Have you made any changes recently?

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

forkintheroad

• View Profile
Re: Any idea why my new Agility +16 (125, 2017 modell) has become so lazy?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 02:25:25 PM »
It's still under warranty. Take it back to the dealer and make them fix it. If you know it is not running properly, don't take no for an answer. Call Kymco USA if you need to. I have spoken with them before, and they are pretty helpful.

i can tell you Agility bogged down a little when I first got it. I had to shoot some carb cleaner at it the carb, a few times. Problem resolved, but that was well before its first oil change. If you want to start troubleshooting, check the air filter. Make sure its ok and  that its seated properly.

These scooters are really keen on getting good quality gas. If you can run the tank empty and find some actual 100% no ethanol gas, run that through it. Your carb will love it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()