Author Topic: Best Tires for People 150?  (Read 4565 times)

sw19

• View Profile
    • Stan Wagner's Portfolio
Best Tires for People 150?
« on: February 16, 2008, 01:17:42 AM »
I'm going to need tires soon and the variety for this scooter seems VERY limited. I don't care for the OEM's.
Any opinions?
-Stan

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
Re: Best Tires for People 150?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 10:32:25 PM »
It has funny-sized wheels, yo.  :)

Bruno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 08:07:54 PM »
Have you found any tires yet?  I just got a People 150 last week and I already picked up a construction staple in my rear tire.  It can't be patched due to the grooves on the inside of the tire.

I live in east central Florida and no dealer from Daytona to Orlando to Palm Beach has a rear tire in stock.

The only internet place I found that looks good is www.scooterworks.com out of Chicago.  They carry Sava tires in our size.

Anyone have tire experience to share?

- Bruno

olbull

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 10:35:06 AM »
Never  patch  a  motorcycle  tire..Replace  it!!!!!
2007 P250

If  your  not the lead dog the  scenery never  changes

sw19

• View Profile
    • Stan Wagner's Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 01:53:03 AM »
Have you found any tires yet?  I just got a People 150 last week and I already picked up a construction staple in my rear tire.  It can't be patched due to the grooves on the inside of the tire.

I live in east central Florida and no dealer from Daytona to Orlando to Palm Beach has a rear tire in stock.

The only internet place I found that looks good is www.scooterworks.com out of Chicago.  They carry Sava tires in our size.

Anyone have tire experience to share?

- Bruno
I was going to get the Savas but, my mechanic told me that they sometimes rub (tiny bit too large) until they wear down a bit. A Kymco dealer told me they have a softer ride but the original tires are better in the rain. So, I went with the OEM tire.
Try Columbia Scooters. They're great with getting Kymco parts. http://www.columbiascooters.com/indexs.htm
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 01:55:11 AM by sw19 »
-Stan

Bruno

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 07:16:37 PM »
I was going to get the Savas but, my mechanic told me that they sometimes rub (tiny bit too large) until they wear down a bit. A Kymco dealer told me they have a softer ride but the original tires are better in the rain. So, I went with the OEM tire.
Try Columbia Scooters. They're great with getting Kymco parts. http://www.columbiascooters.com/indexs.htm

The mechanic at my dealer wasn't too keen on the Savas either, so I went with the OEM Cheng Shins.

www.scooterwest.com lists an 80/80x16 "Cheng Shin or King", but they don't list 100/80x16.  I sent them an e-mail query asking if they have (or can get) the larger tire for our rear wheel.  I'll post when I get a reply.

Bruno

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 05:58:04 PM »
ScooterWest replied to my e-mail and they say they have both sizes in stock.

- Bruno

walkguru

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 05:05:56 PM »
what kind of prices did they have?
hey, hey, hey

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()