Author Topic: Malossi 19mm Carburetor Kit 1611028 for Kymco 50cc 2 Stroke install  (Read 11228 times)

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
Re: Malossi 19mm Carburetor Kit 1611028 for Kymco 50cc 2 Stroke install
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2016, 09:31:37 PM »
I completely forgot about reading that thread when I first got my Like. But I'm not sure why you want a custom cable if you got the bike apart measure your cab;e from end to end and find one about the same size. Alot of places online sell throttle cables. But from what Luigi said and what I've found is you can use oem Main cable and oem splitter and just replace carb cable without damaging OEM splitter if you take throttle cable off of handlebar.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2016, 01:40:35 AM »
pace, don't worry about me not being able to do the throttle cable mod, it's just me.  I am not use to motorcycle type cables that are captured on both ends and need proper free length, right end size and shape.  I am used to making up cables with just one end having a fitting, then you anchor the other end of the cable with some sort of cable anchor.  You can make up throttle cables on the fly, cut the cable to length, cut the cable housing to length, and install, too easy.

Splicing into the cable splitter. having to cut off the carb top cap has overloaded my brain.  I just want something I can bolt on.  Give me some more time, I may get there.  What really discouraged me was after Luigi figured out how to mod the cable and did it, it still wasn't right the way it entered the top of carb.  He had a 90 degree bent tube that would solve the issue, but it wouldn't work because the free end of the cable provided by Malossi was too short to accommodate the bent tube.  He forgot about it, cause it worked OK, and his scoot was running good.  Unfortunately, stuff like that bugs until I can get it right.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2016, 02:01:08 AM »
I didn't get a bend and don't worry much about it mine works prefect with the Malossi cable in place. I think Kiehn or however the stock carb manufacturer is spelled makes a 17.5 maybe if you tracked that down it would be plug and play with all the stock stuff. The end stops on these cables into the carb are much smaller than I have seen able to crimp and the threads I've seen concerning DIY scooter cables have all soldered the end.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2016, 12:01:26 PM »
http://www.49ccscoot.com/manuals/DellOrto_Info_And_Tuning_Manual.pdf

Ok I can't process all this info lol
This is very useful to anyone trying to mess with scooter tuning. 

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2016, 05:44:17 AM »
You can do some reading to understand how the PHBG carb works, but as I understand it, the carb is supposed to already have the the appropriate components to work well with a 49cc to 70cc 2T scooter engine.  Maybe not?, but I bet it's pretty close, except for the main jet.    If you get into it, I think you will find there are literally 1000's of combinations of jets, slides, needles, nozzles, it will be overwhelming.

For awhile I was favoring Arreche, but have come around to Dellorto, or maybe a Dellorto clone carb.  Arreche are not readliy available except from RacingPlanet.  Everywhere I look they are out of stock.  Maybe RacingPlanet has exclusive deal with Arreche, I don't know.  I like RacingPlanet fine, but don't want to be dependent upon them for parts.

MotionPro got back with me about making a custom throttle cable and I don't think that's the way I want to go.  You send them your old throttle cable and the new carb.  Then they cannibalize your oem cable to make you a custom cable for $55 plus shipping.  With the cost to replace the old cable, shipping to MotionPro, plus their charges, seems like too much for me.

The light finally came on for what to do about the throttle cable.  I now realize can probably make my own custom throttle cable, just the way I want it, for not much $'s.  I was clueless about the cable splitter and kept looking at them and finally figured out how they work.  The cable splitter or 2 into 1 junction is what I was looking for.  It's function is very similar the throttle plate I was thinking about, but simpler.  I've been looking at some vids about making custom control cables and think I can do it.  Not sure I would attempt to make a brake cable, but throttle cables don't take much load, should be a good place to start and learn how.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2016, 04:53:51 PM »
Yeah thats the Domino Splitter I got from treatland.tv. they have the domino for like 5 bucks and the Malossi for like 10 I think the Malossi is all metal. I think it was parts for scooters that has a ton of cables that you may or may not get to work as the main throtte to splitter cable. If my adventure had not worked I had bought two splitters and was ready to buy a new main to try. since I have this extra splitter I would be willing to send to to you for free it was only a few bucks gives you something to play with and look at and figure out how you want to do it. Also if you do go Dellorto I believe best deal on Malossi kit if scooterpartsco.com but if you go to treatland the carb section and search PHGB they got tons of parts and rebuild kits for it. And yeah the carb ran fine straight out of the box even without right carb cable but from what I've seen these things take a long time to fine tune to each individual setup. I can easily say out of box this definitely had an overall affect albeit small on my Like but as I have jetted and tuned and I have added this and that I have had more small increases in performance. Its like buying a performance car from dealership, you can get all the packages for performance from them but, once you get it home theres always more you can do to squeeze out that last bit.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2016, 12:02:23 AM »
Thanks for offer on splitter.  Did you get 2 Domino's or 1 Domino and 1 Malossi?  I've only seen pics, done some reading, and think the Domino is highly rated.  I was planning on getting one from Treats, plus some other stuff too.  Treats has some cool stuff and good prices too.

I figured out today, my 16mm Keihin carb is 17mm, so that kills idea of getting 17.5mm carb.  I really like the Malossi kit you got, will probably order one soon.

Recently, I've been focused on CVT with Malossi torque driver installed.  I will add something to that thread soon.  Yes, constantly tweaking these scooters is never ending, but loads of fun.  I guess when we get them all figured out, time to move on?  Cheers

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2016, 01:47:15 AM »
I bought two just in case first try didn't work, Just let me know if you want this one its all yours if I decide to mess with mine again I'll probably buy Malossi you know me lol. I have spent most of today trying to replace rear shock on Like that was blown out when I got ran off road by a dump truck before Christmas with inferior parts.Worked OKish with just me but my daughters like to go for rides and would keep bottoming NextR into body parts with two people even on stiffest setting.  Finally broke down after two different ones didn't work and ordered this from Racing Planet really want one with a reservoir  but that is for when I have a job again lol this should take sare of things though didn't go OEM went aftermarket. It's longer than stock but I need that extra length.

http://www.racingplanetusa.com/shock-absorber-mono-320mm-p-8092-1.html#.VphPaiorK00
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2016, 04:37:18 PM »
pace, I read your thread in the tech section about the splitter, good info, thanks.

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2016, 05:11:45 PM »
Crap, wish I was linked here earlier on.   ???

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2016, 10:22:59 PM »
LOL you'll get it worked out Amish
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

prichmon

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2016, 06:09:03 AM »
Hey chaz;

Have you considered getting the same style carb but larger? Like the PB18? The carbs should be similar dimensions except for the ID. This would also mean same connections. The PB18 has an external manual choke which could be easily hit if you run a pod filter.

Some of the atv 2 strokes like the eton 90r came with an 18-19mm carb from the factory.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KEIHIN-19mm-PB19-Carburetor-Manual-Choke-50cc-70cc-90cc-110cc-Dirt-bike-ATV-Quad-Monkey-bike/32240478389.html

Rich

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2016, 09:24:49 PM »
prichmon, that's pretty cool carb, I will check some more, might be good way to go.  Thanks

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()