Author Topic: Malossi 19mm Carburetor Kit 1611028 for Kymco 50cc 2 Stroke install  (Read 11230 times)

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
Re: Malossi 19mm Carburetor Kit 1611028 for Kymco 50cc 2 Stroke install
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 08:08:53 PM »
Tries, info about the cable opening WOT OK and oil injector working well is really helpful.  I know you are using Arreche carb 21mm?, right.

I am not sure, but seems like paceneedssitides said cable was plenty long.  I am thinking was not included to splice into oem cable, but was included to use if you were going to bypass the oil injector pump and only needed the throttle cable, I am right?

This is all becoming clear to me now.
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 09:50:10 PM »
Mine is a 19mm arreche.  Unless I get top end that I port out really well,  start trenching my case, put a stuffer crank and all that to raise my crank case compression I won't go any higher than 19mm.  At least with these out of the box street race type kits.  If I was turning 12k rpm all the time a 21mm would prove to be beneficial,maybe even a 24.  Let me see if I can find that graph I just saw...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 09:57:52 PM by Triesandluth »
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 09:57:25 PM »
Here it is,  link is clickable in this thread. 
http://49ccscoot.proboards.com/thread/4428
Then again,  these are others experiences.  I tend to be a "I'll find out for myself" kind of guy.  It has shown that not everything treats everyone the same everywhere. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:00:36 PM by Triesandluth »

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2016, 10:58:25 PM »
I think the included cable has a different sleeve length around the wire that allows for longer cable travel and therefore allows the slide to open fully? I think? It isn't meant to delete the oil pump if that was the case they would more than likely provide a long cable to go all the way to throttle and do away with splitter completely. I like the look of the Arreche carbs and they do make a 17.5mm I think they come with float bowls with one big center nut or bolt to get to main jet. You can get these for Dellorto too but don't think any come stock with it. I believe you also get t keep electric choke with Arreche while you can't with Dellorto PHGB type carb but you can with other types just not PHGB. Every post about bigger carbs I've seen has said if you're gonna do more than just BBK definitely get 19mm instead of 17.5 and since the price was right at scooterpartsco thats what I went with I mean Malossi BBK and Carb kit are both about the same so figured why not. I wish I had the answers to everything but only know it's worked for me and I have no complaints. I'm new to scooters and 2 strokes other than weedeaters as of 2 months ago but in these couple months I"ve learned alot as I go and mess up here and there and somehow since first mishap have kept things running and have 1850 miles on it since beginning of november. LIke Chaz said we need a good writeup and 49ccscoot.com has a good tuning write up but hopefully one of us or all of us can come up with one for over here.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 05:56:43 AM »
Good info Tries, I read the link to 49ccscoot, very interesting.  I didn't go to all the links in that thread, but will sometime later.  Where do you get parts for your Arreche carb?

OK pace, so the long cable in the kit doesn't go all the way to the hand control, good info, I thought it probably did.  I still think it may be to locate the choke control.  Your the only one to open up the splitter and replace the oem throttle cable that I know of.  Where did you see to do that, can you provide a link?

I need to do some more research on what jets to get, any other tuning parts, and some spares, be good to order everything up front.  The Malossi kit is the best deal, and probably what I will get.  I like the 17.5mm Arreche the best, but it's more expensive.  There is a 17.5mm Dellorto I like a lot, but probably even more expensive than the Arreche.   I know easy to find parts for Dellorto, so plus for Malossi kit and Dellorto.

Lots of trad-offs.
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2016, 06:19:51 AM »
I had no info for the splitter bro if you look at my cable splitter thread in Technical section you'll see I got no responses I did it on my own. the long cable is for splitter to carb the short cable is for carb to choke, I only changed out the cable from SPLITTER  to carb not MAIN throttle cable. I did it cuz hell I knew it needed to be done the slide wasn't opening all the way and the Malossi manual said to switch it out and other threads did too. You'll also see in that thread I think you might not have to do what I did and can use OEM  splitter with new carb cable. I can explain in more detail if you need but I think if you disengage throttle cable from hand grip you may have enough slack to slide connector out of splitter and swap cables. I got my Malossi 19mm Dellorto Kit at scooterpartsco. I got my jet ranges at treatland.tv. also got the domino cable splitter from treatland.tv. Any questions you have bro we can message or talk on the phone if needed I'll answer what I can just let me know. Tries knows alot about this too he's just playing quiet.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:35:16 AM by paceneedsstides »
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2016, 06:48:31 AM »
There is something to be said for reverse engineering, , , , , ,
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2016, 03:39:13 PM »
Sorry,  I get lost at the other forum, lol.  The arreche is nice,  the nut at the bottom is great,  my dellorto clone on my tgb also has one.  As for parts,  I've only seen one rebuild kit and I don't remember where.  The jets can be a pain to find.  I ordered one from eBay for 5 bucks and got another for free from a buddy at the local scooter shop.  I didn't go real deep with jetting like I should have. I found a nice place and have pretty much stayed there.  The electric choke is convenient,  but I'm not certain if mine is functioning properly anymore.  It seems like its not causing a problem though.  Honestly, I'll probably go with a dellorto style for the next one.  I feel more in control with the manual choke,  and I get a lot of response from the air fuel ratio screw.  Maybe it's just the different kit, size, and bike in general.  I'm not sure at this point lol

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2016, 03:39:34 PM »
There is something to be said for reverse engineering, , , , , ,
That's my favorite pastime!

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2016, 05:56:12 PM »
Good replies, thanks.

Racingplanetusa has all the Arreche stuff you need, but it takes forever to get anything from those guys.  Thing is, I don't know what to buy for tuning.  Until I figure that out, will wait to buy.  The more I look, the more I learn, but not very efficient, I spend hours looking and pick up a little here and there.

Pace, I read your thread, good job and initiative, you are fearless dude.  I want to keep oem parts as is, so I can easily go back to oem carb setup.  I've been through the Treatland carburetor section a couple of times, all 1000 plus items.  They have a lot of stuff, but best I can tell it's mostly for moped.  These carbs come configured all sorts of ways, like the screw adjustment and idle adjustment can be on the other side of the carb, different top caps, electric or manual choke, different connections to manifold (bolt on, slip on), ...

I did some calculations for area of the different size carbs.  16mm is approx 201mm squared, 17.5mm is approx 240mm squared, and 19mm is approx 283mm squared.  That means 17.5mm has approx 20% more area for fuel/ air mixture to flow through than oem carb, and 19mm has approx 41% more area.  It doesn't take much diameter increase to effect a big area increase.

I also think I want to try 17.5mm carb on 49cc Super 9.  I think 19mm would definitely be too much for 49cc engine stock except for pod airfilter and expansion chamber exhaust.  I am still thinking 17.5mm is to way to go for my 1st bigger carb.

I bought a lot of different main jets/ slow jets for the oem carb.  I feel like I have it figured out and tuned to the max.  I would like to do the same with a larger carb.  When I get more info on what to get for tuning a specific carb, I will probably buy something, and just deal with what I have.

Cheers

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2016, 02:33:09 AM »
Fearless isn't the word I was thinking of more like stupid....impatient.......impetuous.....lol. If I had known as much as I know now when I first installed the Dellorto I would most likely have been able to disassemble OEM splitter and swap cables and put back together with no issues at all. The more I play with my Like the more I learn about it I'm nervous about the BBK install though but that is why I am still gathering info on it watching vids and getting tools needed. Actually it looks very simple as long as you follow directions and don't cut any corners just a bit of work to even get to the point of swap lol.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2016, 06:39:15 AM »
That last sentence is the most important!

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2016, 07:36:33 AM »
Here's a cool thread on bbk kit and Malossi carb install for Like 50 in the tech section, it covers the throttle cable mod best I have seen yet.  pace, you are right about the cable.

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=10244.0

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2016, 05:02:20 PM »
I am contacting MotionPro about a custom cable.  If I can get a custom one made up without costing a fortune, that's what I plan to do.  I haven't seen any information where modifying the throttle cable has gone smooth.

I still thinking about making a throttle plate where I could splice 2 cables together outside the cable housing.  I have a crimping tool, looks like bolt cutters, that you use to splice a small cable together with a cable splice.  I used it to make redundant brake cable for kart racing (safety requirement) and made a trailer break away cable (if trailer comes off tow vehicle, the breakaway cable actuates the brakes).  With that mod, I could make custom throttle cables easy.  Cheers

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2016, 06:32:12 PM »
I guess I'm lucky that mine went together well without any issues opening the slide fully.  One thing went well, at least!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()