Author Topic: Off Idle Hesitation SOLVED, Cleaning & reJetting Pilot Jet, Main Jet  (Read 7613 times)

tanuki

• View Profile
Re: Off Idle Hesitation SOLVED, Cleaning & reJetting Pilot Jet, Main Jet
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 08:14:36 PM »
In this case cleaning the pilot jet has been avoided by installing a brand new one, size 38 same as stock.
There must be a stock float height setting.
I distinctly remember reading about one persons confusion as he looked up the correct settings in the Kymco manual and that they didn't physically match what could be achieved.
I will search for that soon.

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 06:08:27 AM »
...pilot jet has been avoided by installing a brand new one, size 38 same as stock.

It cannot be avoided.  If the pilot jet was clogged enough to warrant replacement then the passage that delivers fuel to must be cleaned.  The main jet delivers gas directly into the air stream which then enters the motor but the pilot jet requires the gas go through a tiny passage to the 4 tiny holes at the base of the throttle plate & then on to the idle mixture screw.  Review the videos where I show a diagram and explain this with pictures.
PaulC

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 04:51:12 AM »
I don't remember the exact float height, but if you have the float bowl off and hold the carb upright level the needle should close when the float is level. Unlike flat bowls these carbs have that awkward angle, this is how I've always done it.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()