Author Topic: Kill Switch Issue  (Read 960 times)

uny2bld

• View Profile
Kill Switch Issue
« on: May 01, 2013, 07:51:53 PM »
I didn't store my bike properly over the winter and forgot to take the battery out, etc.

I charged the battery (trickle charged) and went to ride it.  I got it to my dad's workshop (1 1/2 miles away) and it started "ticking" teh same sound it makes when it tries to start but won't...  The bike was already on but it was making the sound anyway.  I went to turn it off and all was good but then I tred starting it again and it was doing the same thing but loud and real fast (lots of fast repeated ticking)  I realized something wa swrong so I hit the kill switch and took out the key but the bike stayed on and drained the battery pretty quick...

Any idea what the issue is?

uny2bld

• View Profile
Re: Kill Switch Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 08:38:15 PM »
I think I found the problem.  on page 1-27 of this pdf: http://static1.dailymotos.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Kymco+Venox+250250i+EN.pdf

it says "Starter relay shorted or stuck"

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 08:39:52 PM »
Check the relay that the positive battery cable goes to and see if it's fried and also check the ground from the negative cable.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

uny2bld

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 08:40:49 PM »
Check the relay that the positive battery cable goes to and see if it's fried and also check the ground from the negative cable.

thanks!

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 08:51:11 PM »
Thjat happens on the old K75's. A low battery causes the starter selenoid to weld itself on.
Try hitting it with a screwdriver handle or open it up and pry the contacts apart.
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()