Author Topic: Just purchased a 2006 Venox 250  (Read 3581 times)

krisfnbs

• View Profile
Just purchased a 2006 Venox 250
« on: April 22, 2013, 10:57:24 PM »
Been riding for 4~ years. Ninja 250 sold to buy an R6...that was stolen about a year or 2 ago....I woke up one morning and decided I wanted to ride again! This time was looking for a cruiser. I immediately knew I wanted this bike once I saw it and looked at a few reviews. Picked mine up for $1200! It's in great shape! Couple minor scuffs here and there but overall in excellent shape! Just bought a smoked windshield to go on it.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
Re: Just purchased a 2006 Venox 250
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 10:29:56 AM »
 ;D Happy days sport, what a great score .... 1200 bucks, holy snapping duck sh**, you couldn't go wrong. I'm bloody jealous mate. Well done !!  How many k's / miles on her, she looks like she's been well looked after. Did you get a service record with her ?  If not, it might pay to give her an oil and filter change just to be on the safe side. As you might have gathered by the way I've crapped on in some of my raves that I really dig my little pony. As I've always said, she's taking me where all the big bikes are going and she'll do our speed limit no worries, ( I'm not into giving my money to the bloody coppers ) so what more could you want.
Anyway, for what it's worth amigo, I'm really stoked for you.
Ride safe.
Best regards, Hairy Bob  8)
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 04:27:54 PM »
;D Happy days sport, what a great score .... 1200 bucks, holy snapping duck sh**, you couldn't go wrong. I'm bloody jealous mate. Well done !!  How many k's / miles on her, she looks like she's been well looked after. Did you get a service record with her ?  If not, it might pay to give her an oil and filter change just to be on the safe side. As you might have gathered by the way I've crapped on in some of my raves that I really dig my little pony. As I've always said, she's taking me where all the big bikes are going and she'll do our speed limit no worries, ( I'm not into giving my money to the bloody coppers ) so what more could you want.
Anyway, for what it's worth amigo, I'm really stoked for you.
Ride safe.
Best regards, Hairy Bob  8)

Almost 14k miles on molly(thats what I named her). Bought from the original owner, original clean title. No service records with the bike. I was told the oil was changed a week before I bought it, but im going to change it again just incase. I'm also going to change the coolant. I suppose at that point I might as well pull the spark plug and put a new one of those in there too. She has a couple flaws of rash on some of the chrome up by the mirrors and such, but I didnt even notice it until a week after I bought it, its that minor. I wonder how fast I will be able to get it up to, 6'1 150lbs, im a pretty small guy. I have not been on the highways yet... I need to buy new gear, I sold everything when my last bike was stolen. I'm really interested to read this entire forum inside out.

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 07:17:48 PM »
hi congrats on the bike, other things might need to change for a peace of mind.
air filter is a good start, and also its a carb bike, its best to get them balanced for full performance.
14k is past the second round of valve gap inspection and adjustment, so should get that checked out.
If i remember correct there is another guy thats doing this inspection around this time on the site so look out for him.
break fluid change is also for a peace of mind. while you are doing the oil again, might as well get a new oil filter fitted.
hope all goes well!
if you are 150~= to 70kg then it should take you up to 120km/h on fourth gear and maybe 130km/h. fifth gear is over drive without the sprocket modification which will not give you top speed, i have 110km/h on fifth gear and can go faster depending on the wind. i am around 65kg.
never went out flat on top speed because the bike has no wind deflectors and above 90km/h is horrible.
but when you do get a top speed do let us know how fast you were going.
Good luck!

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 04:36:46 PM »
hi congrats on the bike, other things might need to change for a peace of mind.
air filter is a good start, and also its a carb bike, its best to get them balanced for full performance.
14k is past the second round of valve gap inspection and adjustment, so should get that checked out.
If i remember correct there is another guy thats doing this inspection around this time on the site so look out for him.
break fluid change is also for a peace of mind. while you are doing the oil again, might as well get a new oil filter fitted.
hope all goes well!
if you are 150~= to 70kg then it should take you up to 120km/h on fourth gear and maybe 130km/h. fifth gear is over drive without the sprocket modification which will not give you top speed, i have 110km/h on fifth gear and can go faster depending on the wind. i am around 65kg.
never went out flat on top speed because the bike has no wind deflectors and above 90km/h is horrible.
but when you do get a top speed do let us know how fast you were going.
Good luck!

Thanks for the reply!! Where can I buy parts for this bike? I know its a pretty uncommon bike. In the past I have either went to normal part stores like advance auto/autozone, or found them on ebay...

Regarding the top speed, if I can get to 80mph that would be perfectly fine with me. I will be on the highway alot around the 65-75 mph range. I got up to around 60 on the highway the other day and there was certainly alot of wind. That's why I went ahead and bought this windshield: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AirBlade-Universal-Light-Smoked-Tall-Boy-Fly-Screen-/130876377188?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e78d70864&vxp=mtr

I hoping that will reduce some of the wind so when I am on the highways I can do 65-75mph and be comfortable doing it.

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 06:49:47 PM »
thats pretty nice.
if you dont mind answering a few questions on the screen.
does it come in transparent, and is there a slight smaller size.
one other thing is how much better is the ride after fitting it? and would you recomend a smaller one.
thank you.

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 09:25:20 PM »
by the way can you post a photo of the windscreen fitted. i am looking to get one as well just wanted to see what other options there are and how yours look like.
Girlfriend says transparent would be better and as i see your windscreen also comes in transparent.
Thanks again.
And keep us posted on your top speed or cruse speed with the windscreen!

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 11:35:59 PM »
 Well how's that, I just jumped back on the forum to suggest to Krisfnbs to maybe have a bit of a squiz at some of Max's bloggs, and bingo, you where already onto it Max ... good on you mate. You're obviously a knowledgable bloke when it comes to these bikes and it really is damn decent of you to take the time out to share your knowhow with the rest of us. I for one have found some of your advise both valuable and informative and I'm sure quite a few other people on the forum have the same opinion Max. Keep up the good work amigo. I hope some good karma is coming back your way in some form or another.
Ride safe,
Best regards,
Hairy Bob  ;)

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 09:22:15 PM »
I will let you guys know how it fits, take pictures etc once it arrives in the mail. I will also do some test riding before install max speed on the bike, and after install to give a good review on how much the windshield reduces the wind.

I thank everyone for their responses. I truly appreciate it all. I really cant wait to ride her this season!!!! Is their a main website where maintenence parts for the bike can be bought? Or is it just random different sites all over the web?

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 10:17:41 AM »
Hey Kris. Try KYMCO PARTS MONSTER mate, they're friggin brilliant. I received my parts on my door step in twelve days. Not too shabby I thought, considering they're in the States and I'm down here in the colonies ( Australia ). Don't even bother with KYMCO PARTS ON LINE, they're bloody hopeless. Hey, dig your little screen too, looks good.
Regards,
Hairy Bob  8).

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 12:39:27 PM »
wow Bob! this KYMCO PARTS MONSTER site is awesome has anything you want and well organized pages with all the parts from the small screws to big engine cases. too good to be true!
Thank you very much for sharing the page!

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 09:10:26 PM »
You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the info. I really cant wait to get the windshield on, and for my helmet to come in the mail.

On a side note, im probably the only idiot who enjoys riding with sandles on. :)

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 09:32:19 PM »
Is the spark plug the NGK CR8E? And is the headlight a H4 bulb?

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 11:04:46 PM »
 :o Kris, firstly ... WHAT THE FRIGG ARE YOU THINKING MAN !!  DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT ride in bloody sandals ya wombat. Even if you weren't going that fast, if your foot came into contact with the road for some unforseen reason, it would't take much to rip the sole of your foot off or mince a couple of toes into pulp which would be rather nasty to say the least ol mate ! Even if you go down to Kmart or similar, you can pick up a reasonably heavy duty pair leather work boots with a decent thick rubber soul for about fourty or fifty bucks. At least that will provide a your little pinkes with a half decent chance of staying in the shape they're supposed to be in if something did happen.

Secondly, yes, spark plugs are NGK-CR8E's
                      Headlight bulb - 12V 60/55W
                      Tail light bulb - 12V 21/5W.

Also, do yourself a favour and jump onto the myxmanuals.com site. For ten bucks, I got the full workshop and parts manual download ... very, very handy to have mate.

So ride safe Kris, which includes NO MORE RIDING IN SANDALS okay!!
Regards,
Hairy Bob  8)

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 05:34:43 PM »
:o Kris, firstly ... WHAT THE FRIGG ARE YOU THINKING MAN !!  DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT ride in bloody sandals ya wombat. Even if you weren't going that fast, if your foot came into contact with the road for some unforseen reason, it would't take much to rip the sole of your foot off or mince a couple of toes into pulp which would be rather nasty to say the least ol mate ! Even if you go down to Kmart or similar, you can pick up a reasonably heavy duty pair leather work boots with a decent thick rubber soul for about fourty or fifty bucks. At least that will provide a your little pinkes with a half decent chance of staying in the shape they're supposed to be in if something did happen.

Secondly, yes, spark plugs are NGK-CR8E's
                      Headlight bulb - 12V 60/55W
                      Tail light bulb - 12V 21/5W.

Also, do yourself a favour and jump onto the myxmanuals.com site. For ten bucks, I got the full workshop and parts manual download ... very, very handy to have mate.

So ride safe Kris, which includes NO MORE RIDING IN SANDALS okay!!
Regards,
Hairy Bob  8)

Haha, first time I have been called a wombat! :) I own a parir of boots, I just rarely ever use them. Any chance you could email me the manual(s) you downloaded? I would really appreciate it! :) Kris.fraley@gmail.com

On a side note, windscreen arrived today. Cant wait to get it on!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()