Author Topic: season end for 2012  (Read 1913 times)

max oradea

• View Profile
season end for 2012
« on: December 04, 2012, 08:54:27 PM »
Hi there all Venox owners, it is the end of riding season for 2012 in the northern hemisphere.
Hope you all had a good time riding your bike s this year.
I wished i had done more, but I guess that is what I will improve on in 2013.
Here are a few things to do before the covers go on.
1. Wipe and wax including lubrication for the chain and other products for rust prevention
2. Take a ride to the gas station to fill the gas tank to the top
3.  Drain the remaining gas in the float bowl after getting home
4. Take out the battery and set phone to remind me to charge it every month and refill the electrolyte level
5. Optional: drain oil and take out the old oil filter, then reassemble lightly to keep air and dust out
6. Cover on and see you in April. If your bike will not be in a place which is above freezing then drain the coolant and mix a new batch of anti freezing agent.(do this before 2.)

axy

• View Profile
Re: season end for 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 04:56:34 PM »
and refill the electrolyte level
5. Optional: drain oil and take out the old oil filter, then reassemble lightly to keep air and dust out

Refilling the battery is applicable only if you have plain acid-lead battery. Not if you have closed system battery or gel based. Kymco uses gel based batteries as OEM in scooters, do not know about Venox.

If you are storing a bike over the winter, draining oil should be mandatory because old oil contains acids that can damage the engine while sitting still over the winter. Also, by changing the oil and powering up the engine once, fresh oil will flush engine insides and leave non-acidic film all over.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 02:14:03 PM »
Y that's good to know. One more valuable information for all bikers here.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 05:13:39 AM »
Well, if it's any consolation guys, it hasn't been all beer and skittles over here in Oz either. There's been quite a few days lately where it's been just too friggin hot to go riding! But, I guess thats why God invented shade and cold beer hey? Anyway, hope your not freezing your tits off too badly over there. Sounds like april can't come soon enough for you guys ... hang in there groovers.
Regards,
Hairy Bob.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 09:51:43 PM by Hairy Bob »
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 12:38:21 PM »
I was in California for a bit and every day there is 80 degrees (F) and sunny, the perfect place.
But they don't tell you about those Santa Anna winds, some days the wind blows about 50 MPH
and you have to stand at a 45 degree angle to stand up. So it's a beautiful sunny day and you
don't want to go outside!
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 01:14:47 AM »
well here in Romania we are having a warm winter, not much snow recently and looking like its going to heat up around middle of Feb. going to be a whooping 12 degree C on monday.
I also had this flash memory of it being too hot in the day during summer which was better to stay at home and chill. but now thinking back i should have went out and just take the heat and hydrate. the bike can handle it i guess so its just about mind power.

thomestayler

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 09:37:16 AM »
I am also a Venox 250 bike owner and it was great 2012 season for me to riding this bike. I have too sweet memories with this bike and I extremely enjoyed some most memorable trips with my friends. Eventually, me and my friend did a bike trip and we all are Venox owners and it was quite pleasure time for us to ride this bike on road.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()